FACTS: Interesting Facts About Bangalore
Here are some interesting facts about Bangalore
1. Bangalore has the impeccable record of highest growth within a span of 20 Years
2. Bangalore has highest number of pubs in Asia.
3. Bangalore has highest number of ©igarette $mokers in India.
4. Bangalore has the highest number of software companies in India-212, followed by Hyderabad - 108, Pune - 97. Hence called the Silicon Valley of India
5. Bangalore has 21 engineering colleges, which is highest in the world in a
given city. Bangalore University has 57 Engineering colleges affiliated to it,
which is highest in the world.
6. Bangalore is the only city in the world to have commercial and defense
Airport operating from the same strip.
7. Bangalore has highest number of public sectors and government Organizations
8. Bangalore university has highest number of students going abroad for higher
studies taking the first place from IIT-Kanpur.
9. Bangalore has only 48% of local population (i.e.Kannadigas) .Hence a true
cosmopolitan with around 25% Tamilians, 14% Telugites, 10% Keralites, 8%
Europeans, and 6% a mixture of all races.
10. Bangalore police has the reputation of being second best in India after
11. Bangalore has the highest density of traffic in India.
12. Bangalore has the highest number of 2-wheelers in the world.
13. Bangalore is considered the fashion capital of east comparable to Paris.
15. Bangalore has produced the maximum international sportsmen in India for
all sports ahead of even Mumbai & Delhi.
16. Bangalore has produced the maximum number of scientists considered for
Nobel Prize nominations.
17. Bangalore has produced the highest number of professionals in USA almost
60% of the Indian population abroad is from Bangalore (except Gulf).
18. Bangalore is famous for THREE: Software Professionals, Girls and Dogs.
19. Bangalore is famous for its dog bites, an average of 12 people are bitten
by stray dogs per MINUTE somewhere in Bangalore!!