Western saloon decor - Country decorations catalogs.
Western Saloon Decor
- A Western saloon is a kind of bar particular to the American Old West. Saloons served such customers as fur trappers, cowboys, soldiers, gold prospectors and miners, and gamblers. The first saloon was established at Brown’s Hole, Wyoming, in 1822, to serve fur trappers.
- interior decoration: decoration consisting of the layout and furnishings of a livable interior
- Interior design is a multi-faceted profession in which creative and technical solutions are applied within a structure to achieve a built interior environment.
- The furnishing and decoration of a room
- The decoration and scenery of a stage
- The style of decoration of a room, building
In an American Western movie, a 'Saloon' was a place to go if you wanted to find booze, a woman for the hour or a fight.. Sometimes all three!! In Doha though, a saloon is a place to go to get a questionable haircut and an even more questionable massage! Some of them are new, some go back a few years, or at least look like they do. This one in Mansoura has to be one of my favourites for the decor.. And the big smiling faces when you walk in the door or even past the window!
The locally brewed Sarsaparilla was delicious. The historic center of Columbia is a California State Park, preserving on a few city blocks what life was like in the middle of the 19th century. Popular with movie crews as a setting (go figure), the town is an amazing step back in time. Or, as our ex-gold-mining campground host said, "you people have churches centuries old, and then you come over here and go crazy over some mudhole. I don't get it."