Ceiling light canopies. Quik shade summit.
Ceiling Light Canopies
- (Ceiling Lighting) Attach to the ceiling with or without a gap between the fixture and ceiling. When a gap is present the fixture is called a “Semi Flush”, because it’s not quite flush to the ceiling. These fixtures can provide general light to a room but are not enough light alone.
- The ceiling projector or cloud searchlight is used to measure the height of the base of clouds (called the ceiling) above the ground. It is used in conjunction with an alidade, usually positioned 1000 ft (304.8 m) away and wherever possible set at the same level.
- An instrument consisting of a drum and an optical system that projects a narrow vertical beam of light onto a cloud base.
- (canopy) cover with a canopy
- (canopy) the umbrellalike part of a parachute that fills with air
- (canopy) the transparent covering of an aircraft cockpit
- Cover or provide with a canopy
Vintage Craftsman Lighting | Bungalow lighting | vintagelights.com
Vintage custard glass globe with a very nice Arts & Crafts floral design painted around the body and at the bottom. The design is probably also incorporated into table runners and drapes of the era. The red flowers are nicely accented against the custard glass body and the black lines do a nice job of accenting the shape of this antique lighting fixture. The ceiling canopy fixture it is shown on is not vintage but a new one. Another one of those great fixtures we wish we had several of. The design and motif lends to almost any interior design from Victorian, Craftsman, Bungalow, Arts & Crafts, and in the right local even deco. This is a nice sized ceiling fixture. 75 watt maximum Drop as shown: 15 inches. Can be lengthened by adding chain to the fitter Width: 9 inches
A Canopied Bathtub?
Does one REALLY need a canopy over their bathtub? Caption reads: A ceiling of fluorescent panels diffuses limpid [does it really say limpid!?!] light into every corner of the bathroom shown here. Supplementary panels above the vanity table, ampliflied by the high reflectance of the white countertop, give the bright light needed for making up [Okay I have never seen it written that way before.]. An antique fixture mounted on the mirror provides delicate accent lighting.