- Together with Debbie Kennett, Mark Thomas and Adrian Timpson, I have been developing a set of web-pages under the heading "Debunking Genetic Astrology", aimed at highlighting misuses of genetic ancestry testing. See
- I am a co-author on several exciting papers that are currently in press:
- MultiBLUP: improved SNP-based prediction for complex trait. Doug Speed and DJB. Genome Research - advance online (open access). doi:10.1101/gr.169375.113
- Verifying likelihoods for low template DNA profiles using multiple replicates. Christopher Steele, Matthew Greenhalgh and DJB. Forensic Science International: Genetics 13, 82–89, November 2014 (open access).
- Describing the genetic architecture of epilepsy through heritability analysis. Speed, O’Brien, Palotie, Shkura, Marson, DJB, Johnson. Brain advance online (open access). doi:10.1093/brain/awu206
- ADMIXTURE IN LATIN AMERICA: GEOGRAPHIC STRUCTURE, PHENOTYPIC DIVERSITY AND SELF-PERCEPTION OF ANCESTRY BASED ON 7,342 INDIVIDUALS. Ruiz-Linares, Adhikari, Alonzo + ... + DJB, Gonzalez-Jose. To appear PLoS Genetics.
- Multiple Quantitative Trait Analysis Using Bayesian Networks. Scutari, Howell, DJB, McKay. To appear Genetics.
- Worldwide Fst estimates relative to five continental-scale populations. Steele, Syndercombe Court, DJB. To appear Ann Hum Genet.
- I am now a Senior Editor of the Annals of Human Genetics so any submissions of a statistical nature are likely to be handled by me.
- Although I have been very happy at UCL, and will miss many friends and the excellent academic environment, I have decided to return to Australia after 29 years in the UK. I will move to U Melbourne in October, where I will be joint between Maths/Stats and Genetics. I hope to retain some affiliation with UCL for at least several years. My Melbourne email address is already working: email@example.com
Email: is always my preferred form of communication firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are e-mailing to ask if I'm free to meet/talk then check my diary first.
Desk: +44 (0)20 3108 4005 Internal: 54005
Mobile: +44 (0)75 9025 0432 use e-mail instead!
Criminal Justice Secure e-mail: email@example.com
(Please avoid using this unless essential; I do not routinely monitor it).
My full professional affiliation:
University of London
University College London
School of Life Sciences and Medicine
Faculty of Life Sciences
Division of Biosciences
Department of Genetics, Evolution and Environment
UCL Genetics Institute
How to find me:
Darwin Building, room 210 (2nd floor)
the Darwin building faces Gower Street but access is from the rear, via the Malet Place gate into UCL main campus. To locate us on google maps, search for Malet Place or use the postcode of Waterstone's bookshop which is nearby: WC1E 6EQ
If you don't have swipe access, ask for me at reception on ground floor.
Nearest tube stations are Goodge St (450 m), Euston Square (500 m), Warren St (700 m), Euston (750 m) and Russell Sq (800 m). These are all on different lines so each can be useful depending on your origin.
From Heathrow, Express train plus tube (H&C line) to Euston Sq takes just under 1hr (total journey time) and is expensive. Tube direct to Russell Square then 10 mins walk takes about 1hr 15 total and is cheap.