Please contact @ firstname.lastname@example.org for updated resume/ or visit LinkedIn profile. Following resume is not the updated one.
BALASAHEB S. DARADE
To contribute in the area of Photovoltaic’s to develop high efficient, low cost solar cells.
· University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, USA
o Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering (Fall 2007- ) Current Student
o Doctoral Qualifying Exam Part1 &2 Passed in March 2008
· Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College (JNEC), Aurangabad
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics & Telecommunication (2001-2005) A+ Distinction
AREAS OF INTEREST
Photovoltaic’s, MEMS, Organic Electronics, Thin Films, Nanotechnology, Startup enthusiast.
University of Cincinnati: Advanced Semiconductor Lasers , Semiconductors and Heterojunctions, Materical Characterization Optical, Microfabrication of Semiconductor Devices, Biosensors and Bioelectronics, Intro to Nanoelectronics, Intro to Bio Microsystems, Fundamentals of MEMS, Silicon MEMS Semiconductor Manufacturing, Electrofluidics.,Entreprenureship -New venture creation.
JNEC : VLSI, Electronic Devices and Circuits, Linear Integrated Circuits, Electronics Design Technology, Network Theory, Embedded Systems, Microprocessor, Communication Principals, Digital Electronics, Digital Signal Processing, Electromagnetic Engineering, Computer Oriented Numerical Methods, Engineering Mathematics (Four Courses).
MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Open Course Ware- 10 Courses in Microelectronics, Integrated Circuits, Micro- Nano Processing, Solid State Circuits, Devices.
Molecular beam epitaxy (MBE), Optical microscopy, Material Characterization, Elecro-optics measurements, Profilometer, photoluminescence (PL), Clean room, Wet bench etching, photolithography, MEMS Fabrication.
MATLAB, Xilinx (VHDL), Agilent’s ADS Momentum, Tanner EDA tool, LabVIEW, JAVA, SQL, mathematical analysis and plotting tools , C, Assembly x86, programming.
Other Skill areas
Thin Film Deposition, MEMS, Photovoltaic’s, Lasers, OLED, DNA Thin Films, Heterojunctions, VLSI.
· Organic Thin film Solar Cells 2008
· Bio-LED, DNA Photonics, Thin Films , Nanolab @ UC 07-June 08
· MEMS Pressure Sensor Design Winter 2007- 08
· Low Phase Noise Wideband VCO using MEMS 2005-2006
· VCO for 3G/ 4G Wireless Communication Apr 2005
· Wireless Stepper motor control-JNEC IEEE Student Project Contest. Apr 2004
· DSP-FPGA Codesign for industrial Applications Jan 2004
· Research Student, Spintronics and Vacuum Nanoelectronics Lab ,University of Cincinnati (Current)
· Research Student, Nanoelectronics Laboratory, University of Cincinnati (2007-08)
· Founder Member, Developer at LifeSpoke (2008)
· Rexcorp Nanotech – “MEMS Technical Expert”. (Part time) (Nov 05 – Aug 07)
· Programmer Analyst, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Pune (Feb 06- Aug 07 )
· NASA: Worked with NASA team at Lonar (Project Leader: Prof. Horton Newsom, Jan 2005)
Role: Electronics and Communication related work like Mapping through GPS, Lonar Crater Study.
Participation in and contributed to “Deep Impact Mission-2004”,“MARS Exploration Rover-2003 Mission”, NASA.
· Semiconductor Complex Ltd., Chandigarh (SCL): (India Chip Program) Participation in Multiwafer fabrication Run, supported by Govt. of India. Two design ideas selected for fabrication, Design, Fabrication and Testing in collaboration with SCL and JNEC. (Feb 2005)
· Ambekar Associates- FPGA board development, Embedded application development. (Feb 2004- Jan 2005)
· Outstanding Student Leader, Resident Education & Development University of Cincinnati, 2009.
· University Graduate Scholarship (UGS) 2007-08, University of Cincinnati.
· Outstanding Engineering Student award, IEEE, 2004.
· Outstanding Engineering Student, Dr B.A.M. University, 2003-04.
· Distinguished Alumni – JNEC Aurangabad.
· Government of India Scholarship for Engg Education 2001-2005
· Nominated for Larry K. Wilson RAB IEEE R10 Award, 2004.
· LONAR RATNA, Award for Scientific Contribution for development of Lonar Crater.
· Best Paper Award (First position) in International conference on Systematics, Cybernetics and Informatics 2007
· First Prize: IMS -2005 (Indian Microelectronics Society Conference).
· First Prize: UG/PG Student Contest 2004, IEEE Communication Society.
· First Prize: Hardware/software Project Contest, VIT IEEE SB, 2005.
· Consolation prize, Open Hardware contest, IIT Bombay-TECHFEST 2003.
· Finalist in Prof. K. Shankar Project Contest, IEEE Bombay Section 2004 & 2005.
· Semifinalist - CSIDC-2004 (IEEE Computer Society International Design Contest).
& CSIDC 2005, Role-Team Leader.
· Finalist at IIT Madras SHAASTRA 2003, Open Hardware, Project-X.
· First Prize: State level Technical Quest, VIIT IEEE, 2002.
· Molecular Beacons, Doctoral Qualifier Examination, University of Cincinnati, March 2008.
· DNA Thin Films, University of Cincinnati, June 2008.
· Nanopores based DNA Analysis , University of Cincinnati , March 2008.
· DNA Photonics , University of Cincinnati , October 2007.
· Nanotechnology : Thinking big in nanosize world, National Seminar at SGGS Nanded, Feb 2006
· “Low Phase Noise Wideband VCO using MEMS”, presented in 48th IEEE Midwest International Symposium on Circuits and held at Cincinnati, Ohio, USA 7-10 Aug 2005 (MWSCAS 2005), MEMS I.
· “Low Phase Noise Fully Integrated VCO”, presented in Research Scholars Forum, 18th IEEE International Conference on VLSI Design 2005, Calcutta, 3-5 Jan 2005.
· “Supplier Evaluation for Part Procurement Using ISA”, presented in ICSCI-2005 (International Conference on Systematics, Cybernatics and Informatics Jan 2005), Pentagram research center, Hyderabad ,Page 534-539 Vol.1
· “ECVAS for Camless Engine”, presented in IMAE-2005 (IEEE International conference on Multidisciplinary of Engineering), Jan 2005, IEEE Bombay Section, Page 50.
· “RF MEMS for Wireless Communication”, presented at K-SHANKAR Paper Competition, IEEE Bombay, 2 Apr 2005.
· “VCO using MEMS Capacitor” presented in IMS (Indian Microelectronics Society Conference)-2005, 18-19 Feb 2005, Chandigarh.
· “Stampede Warning and Protection System for Crowded and Congested places of Social Importance”, selected for IEEE Computer Society International Design Contest ’04 and K-Shankar Project Competition ’04, IEEE Bombay Section.
· “Programming FPGA’s using Handel- C”, presented at ‘SHAASTRA’, IIT Madras, 10 Oct 03.
· “Emotional Transit”, selected for IEEE Compute Society International Design Contest ’05.
· "Sixth Sense Tutoring System- An ITS", ICSCI-2007 (International Conference on Systematics, Cybernatics and Informatics Jan 2007), Pentagram Research Centre, Hyderabad.
MEMBERSHIPS / MISC
· Student Member, IEEE. Chairman of JNEC IEEE Student Branch 2003-05, Founder -JNEC IEEE Students Association.
· IEEE Nanotechnology Council.
· Key role in collaboration of JNEC with Semiconductor Complex Limited, for India Chip Program (Project Leader). JNEC Aurangabad was one of the five institutions in India along with IIT’s, BITS Pilani short listed.
· Start up enthusiast- Took initiative for starting LifeSpoke, EventStart, Nanopassion, Faith India.
Ø Reference available on request.
Balasaheb S Darade