from Bakin' On The Side
Yield: 20-24 Bars
2 2/3 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter (room temperature)
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or line a 9x13" pan.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter,
beating for 3-5 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, then vanilla,
beat until smooth.
4. Stir in the flour mixture until well blended.
5. Use a lightly greased spatula (or your fingers) to spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
6. Combine the granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the batter.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until until the surface springs back when gently pressed. Cool before cutting into bars.
Recipe Credit: My Baking Addiction