S'mores Bars from Bakin' On The Side
Yield: 24 Bars
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips
1 large (14 oz) jar marshmallow creme
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x13" pan.
2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine graham crackers, flour, salt, baking powder. Add to butter/sugar mixture, beat well.
4. Spread half of dough mixture into greased pan.
5. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the dough.
6. Using a spatula, spread marshmallow creme over the chocolate chip.
7. Top with remaining dough mixture. This can be a bit tricky (or sticky!). Try flattening the dough between two pieces of waxed paper before laying over the top of the marshmallow creme. Don't worry if it doesn't look perfect, or you have a few gaps.
8. Bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars. Or don't, but in that case, you might need a spoon...