Chocolate Chip Cupcake Ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two standard muffin tins with paper liners, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together or mix on low-speed. This is the bowl you will combine the batter, I used my stand mixer but just make sure the bowl is big enough.
3. In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. With the mixer on low-speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. Once fully combined, slowly add the coffee and mix together. Make sure to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl a few times so it’s all mixed together. Add chocolate chips.
4. Using a large scoop (if using a medium scoop, you will need 2 scoops per paper liner), fill each muffin well 2/3 full with batter. Make sure to scoop from the bottom, I noticed some of my chocolate chips sunk to the bottom of the batter. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Mint Buttercream Ingredients
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on high-speed until light and fluffy. About 4-5 minutes.
2. Slowly add confectioner’s sugar in stages. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Continue mixing until well combined. Add milk in 1 tbsp increments.
3. Add 1/4 tsp peppermint extract. Beat well to combine, sample buttercream. If you want more mint flavor, add the next 1/4 tsp, continue until flavor has been met. If using green food coloring, slowly add 1 drop at a time to get the green you want. Continue to beat on high-speed until desired consistency is reached.
Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients
1. Place chocolate in a heat safe bowl, set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, heat heavy cream until hot but not boiling. Pour heavy cream over chocolate. Add vanilla. Allow mixture to sit for a few minutes.
3. Using a whisk, stir mixture until well combined and glossy. Spoon chocolate over cupcakes and allow to drip down the sides.
Baking with Basil