Chocolate Cupcake Ingredients
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two standard muffin tins with paper liners, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk together or mix on low-speed. This is the bowl you will combine the batter, I used my stand mixer but just make sure the bowl is big enough.
3. In a medium bowl, combine buttermilk, oil, eggs, and vanilla. With the mixer on low-speed, slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry. Once fully combined, slowly add the coffee and mix together. Make sure to use a rubber spatula to scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl a few times so it's all mixed together.
4. Using a large scoop (if using a medium scoop, you will need 2 scoops per paper liner), fill each muffin well 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Coffee Buttercream Ingredients
1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter on high-speed until light and fluffy. About 4-5 minutes.
2. Slowly add confectioner's sugar in stages. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Continue mixing until well combined.
3. Add coffee and vanilla extract. Continue to beat on high-speed until desired consistency is reached.
Baking with Basil