6 large eggs
4 tablespoons whole milk
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon dried parsley (you can use fresh)
Salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons butter
1 shallot - diced
8 ounces baby portobello mushrooms - washed and sliced
6 ounces spinach - chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese
12-20 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, crushed red pepper, parsley, and salt & pepper. Set aside.
3. In a medium-sized cast iron skillet (or oven-safe skillet), melt butter over medium heat. Add shallots and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook down to your preference. Add spinach and sauté for an additional 3 minutes. Turn off heat and evenly spread the ingredients in your skillet.
4. Pour egg mixture over all the ingredients. There is no need to stir. Evenly sprinkle feta cheese on top. Evenly place cherry tomatoes on top with the round side up.
5. Bake for 15 minutes.
6. Broil for 2-3 minutes (optional).
7. Cool for 5-10 minutes. Slice and serve.