I am a Postdoctoral Scholar in Professor Oskar Painter's group at California Inistitute of Technology.
My research interest lies in nano-photonics, opto-mechanics, and quantum optics. I am currently studying
nano-scale opto-mechanical systems and their applications in photonics and quantum information processing.
1. Effective magnetic field for photons and topological photonic states [5,6,7,9,11,12,13,14] (theory and experiment).
My past research works include:
2. Magnetometry using nitrogen-vacancy centers in diamond  (experiment).
3. Magneto-optical effect [3,4,10,15] (theory).
1200 East California Blvd, MC 128-95
Office: Steele 215
Pasadena, CA, 91125
Phone: 626 395 2915
Email: kfang84 at caltech dot edu
Stanford University, Ph. D. in Physics, M.S. in Electrical
Adviser: Professor Shanhui Fan
B. S. in Physics, 2007
15. A.A. Asatryan, L.C. Botten, K. Fang, S. Fan, and R.C. McPhedran, “Two dimensional Green’s tensor for gyrotropic clusters composed of
circular cylinders”, Journal of the Optical Society of America A 31, 2294 (2014). pdf
14. L.D. Tzuang, K. Fang, P. Nussenzveig, S. Fan, and M. Lipson, “Nonreciprocal phase shift induced by an effective magnetic flux for light”,
Nature Photonics 8, 701 (2014). pdf
13. E. Li, B. Eggleton, K. Fang, and S. Fan, “Photonic Aharonov–Bohm effect in photon–phonon interactions”, Nature Communications 5: 3225
doi:10.1038/ncomms4225 (2014). pdf
News article from the University of Sydney
12. K. Fang and S. Fan, “Controlling the flow of light using inhomogeneous effective gauge field that emerges from dynamic modulation”,
Physical Review Letters 111, 203901 (2013). pdf
11. K. Fang and S. Fan, “Effective magnetic field for photons based on magneto-optical effect”, Physical Review A 88, 043847 (2013). pdf10. A.A. Asatryan, L.C. Botten, K. Fang, S. Fan, and R.C. McPhedran, “Local density of states of chiral Hall edge states in gyrotropic photonic
clusters”, Physical Review B 88, 035127 (2013). pdf
9. K. Fang, Z. Yu, and S. Fan, “Photonic de Haas-van Alphen effect”, Optics Express 21, 18216 (2013). pdf
8. K. Fang, V. M. Acosta, C. Santori, Z. Huang, K. M. Itoh, H. Watanabi, S. Shikata, and R. G. Beausoleil, “High-sensitivity magnetometry based
on quantum beats in diamond nitrogen-vacancy centers”, Physical Review Letters 110, 130802 (2013). pdf
7. K. Fang, Z. Yu, and S. Fan, “Experimental demonstration of a photonic Aharonov-Bohm effect”, Physical Review B 87 060301(R) (2013). pdf
6. K. Fang, Z. Yu, and S. Fan, “Realizing effective magnetic field for photons by controlling the phase of dynamic modulation”, Nature Photonics
6 782-787 (2012). pdf
Stanford Report, Stanford Engineering News, Novus Light Technologies Today, Science Daily, Photonics.com
5. K. Fang, Z. Yu, and S. Fan, “Photonic Aharonov-Bohm effect based on dynamic modulation”, Physical Review Letters 108 153901 (2012). pdf
Editor’s Suggestion, Physics Synopsis.
4. K. Fang, Z. Yu, V. Liu, and S. Fan, “Ultra-compact optical isolator using Fano interference in photonic crystal slab”, Optics Letters 36
4254–4256 (2011). pdf
3. K. Fang, Z. Yu, and S. Fan, “Microscopic physics of photonic one-way edge mode”, Physical Review B 84 075477 (2011). pdf
2. K. Fang, B. Chen, and W. Xue, “Noncommutative geometry modified non-Gaussianities of cosmological perturbation”, Physical Review D 77
063523 (2008). pdf
1. K. Fang, “On factorization of couple channel scattering S matrices”, Communication in Theoretical Physics 48 901-907 (2007). pdf