Fishing Cake Decoration : How To Decorate Your Blog.
Fishing Cake Decoration
- Cake decorating is one of the sugar arts that uses icing or frosting and other edible decorative elements to make otherwise plain cakes more visually interesting. Alternatively, cakes can be molded and sculpted to resemble three-dimensional persons, places and things.
- The activity of catching fish, either for food or as a sport
- (fish) any of various mostly cold-blooded aquatic vertebrates usually having scales and breathing through gills; "the shark is a large fish"; "in the living room there was a tank of colorful fish"
- the act of someone who fishes as a diversion
- the occupation of catching fish for a living
Fishing Cake 4
My first official cake order! A guy ordered it for his nephew for his 17th birthday. All he told me was that the kid loved fishing and had a silver tinnie with a blue motor and asked that I incorporate them in the theme. I'm pretty happy with it - hope he likes it too! 8" chocolate cake, split and coated in dark chocolate ganache and then covered in fondant. All decorations are gumpaste.
Okay, so I cheated a little on the decorations. So what. I also made money off of this cake. It was for the same lady (but for her little girl this time). This cake was made a year or so ago. Notice the doam top to the cake. That was before I knew the proper technique to level a cake.