COOK COUNTY TAX PROPERTY : COOK COUNTY

COOK COUNTY TAX PROPERTY : BEEF STEW PRESSURE COOKER RECIPES : ENABLE COOKIES ON MY BROWSER

Cook County Tax Property


cook county tax property
    cook county
  • Cook County may refer to: By far the most populous of these, the most populous in its state, and the second most populous county in the U.S. is: *Cook County, Illinois
  • A county in northeastern Illinois that includes Chicago and most of its closer suburbs; pop. 5,105,067
    property
  • The right to the possession, use, or disposal of something; ownership
  • something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone; "that hat is my property"; "he is a man of property";
  • A thing or things belonging to someone; possessions collectively
  • a basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a class; "a study of the physical properties of atomic particles"
  • place: any area set aside for a particular purpose; "who owns this place?"; "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
  • A building or buildings and the land belonging to it or them
    tax
  • A compulsory contribution to state revenue, levied by the government on workers' income and business profits or added to the cost of some goods, services, and transactions
  • charge against a citizen's person or property or activity for the support of government
  • levy a tax on; "The State taxes alcohol heavily"; "Clothing is not taxed in our state"
  • set or determine the amount of (a payment such as a fine)
  • A strain or heavy demand

Jackson Avenue
Jackson Avenue
Morrisania, Bronx The Morris High School Historic District lies east of Boston Road and extends to Forest Avenue at East 166th Street. An area which remained predominantly rural until the turn of the twentieth century, these blocks blossomed with the construction of the impressive Collegiate Gothic style Morris High School in 1901. Parallel development of the adjoining streets with remarkably cohesive rows of picturesque houses in a Free Classical style began in 1900. These buildings have survived the radical alterations of the South Bronx in recent years with relatively few changes. The district represents a high point of design and development in the early growth of the South Bronx as a major metropolitan area. The Morris High School Historic District is part of a larger area which has an extensive history. In 1670 Colonel Lewis Morris and his brother Richard, officers in the British army, bought 12 square miles of land in New York. Included in the land purchase was the farm of Jonas Bronck. (It was after Bronck that the Borough of the Bronx was eventually named.) During the American Revolution the Morris property was used by the British as a military camp and became the site of much military activity. Deriving its name from the Morris family, the area became known as Morrisania. The 1788 Morrisania became one of 21 townships in Westchester County. At the time of the 1788 Township Act the question of selecting a site for the national capital was of interest. Lewis Morris (fourth generation and best known as a signer of the Declaration of Independence), attempted to have Morrisania made the capital of the United States "because of its healthfullness and salubrity."1 Though he failed in his campaign, by 1800 he and his brother, Gouvemeur Morris had both erected mansions on their estates in Morrisania which, in 1791, had become annexed to the Town of Westchester. The construction of the Harlem and Hudson River Railroads beginning in 1842, resulted in an influx of Irish immigrants, many of them railroad workers, into the Morrisania/Westchester area since its location was convenient to the railroad construction sites. In 1846 Morrisiana became part of a new township called West Farms, which had been "carved out of Westchester." As the railroads continued to expand, so too did the population of the area. Revolutions in Europe in 1848 brought many German immigrants. Between 1850 and 1855 the population of Morrisania grew by approximately 8,000, and it became the most populous section of Westchester County. With Gouverneur Morris as the first supervisor, Morrisania became a town in 1864. It received a village charter which "conferred upon the trustees nearly all the powers of a city corporation without the incidental expenses..."2 Road improvements were made and building construction increased. In 1874 with a population over 19,000, Morrisania (along with two other towns) became formally annexed to New York City. The area was known as "the annexed districts" and was under the administrative auspices of the Public Parks Department until 1891. Expansion of the elevated, train lines, beginning in the mid-1880s, deeply affected the Morrisania area. In 1904 the IRT subway system reached the annexed district, and a real estate boom followed. Increased population required improved school facilities. In 1904 Morris High School opened,and by 1915 Morrisania was fully developed. By the late 19th century this section of Morrisania had become predominantly German, with a subsequent development of the brewing industry. The Fidelio, Lion, and Liebermanns breweries were located on Third Avenue between 167th and 169th Streets. The famous Fichler brewery was further south on St. Ann's Avenue, at 156th Street. An account by Leo Weiger, who grew up in the area, recalls the aroma of cooking hops and malt that permeated the neighborhood and the sight of the gray Percheron dray horses pulling wagons loaded with wooden kegs of beer. McKinley Square Theater featured vaudeville acts and such movies as The Ten Commandments and Birth of a Nation To the north was Niblo's Garden, a 1arge summer beer garden featuring a German band for outdoor dancing, a brass marching band made up of schoolboys from St. Augustine's, and German delicacies. Tax records for 1905 show that most of the homeowners in the Morrisania area were German. Other residents were Jewish, Irish and Italian immigrants. Most lived in one- and two-family brick or frame houses. By 1930 the more prosperous members of the community began roving out. After the Second World War, Black families found Morrisania a desirable area in which to find good reasonably-priced housing, and in the 1950s, as was the case in many areas of New York City, Morrisania gained a Puerto Rican population. The Morris High School Historic District lies east of Boston Road at 166th Street The district includes Morris High School, Trinity Episcopal Church of
Confederate Texas Legislatures
Confederate Texas Legislatures
When Texas seceded, Feb. 1, 1861, the 8th legislature was in Austin in a called session, adjourned Feb.9. On March 18, the 8th came back for a second called session; the 9th and 10th legislatures in turn were harassed with problems of the Civil War. They found it necessary to raise, equip and supply 90,000 Texas soldiers who fought on all fronts, and to provide for defense against Indians. Enemy troops and ships on 2,000 miles of state coastline and frontiers. As naval blockade reduced imports, the legislature established plants to make guns, power, cloth, salt, contracts. Subsidies and land grants were provided to encourage private industry to help meet heavy wartime demands for arms, supplies, clothing, food. The lawmakers taxed property and business and made farmers turn in tithes of produce to feed citizen and soldier. Funds were noted to finance state barter in Mexico of cotton for factory goods; to aid soldiers' dependents, and to provide medical care and hospitals for Texas troops, in and out of state. Legislatures were in almost continuous sessions poor pay and inflated Confederate money caused many members to live in tents and covered wagons on the Capitol grounds and cook over campfires.

cook county tax property
Similar posts:
school fundraiser cookie dough
cookout items
oven cooked roast
cook lobster tails boil
hotel captain cook map
icing to decorate cookies
quinoa calories cooked
Comments