UBS Equities IT require an accomplished KDB+ developer to join the existing team working on the strategic Equities KDB+ platform. The successful candidate will contribute to the design and technical direction of the product suite as well as maintaining and enhancing it to meet future business requirements. The role will focus on the build out of the bank's strategic Equities Tick Repository with opportunities to also work on the new Transaction Cost Analysis system and to enhance the existing Q analytics platform.
The KDB team is based in London working closely with our key global business sponsors, the Cash Quant and Quant Trading teams.
Work covers KDB architecture, schema, Q, scripting and java components. Market data capture through to user analytics.
UBS can offer you an environment geared towards performance, attractive career opportunities, and an open corporate culture that values and rewards the contribution of every individual.
Want to further your career in an organization where your contribution can make a difference? Apply now at www.ubs.com/careers. We look forward to hearing from you.
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 20 3102 4455
Senior profile (5-8 years of experience) Role is based in Mumbai -India.
Contact email@example.com or call 01165568671
Date: Dec 8, 2012
Location: Silver Spring, MD, US
3M HIS APL Software Engineer - Silver Spring, MD-1210756
Organization: Health Care Business Group
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Maryland-Silver Spring
Other Locations: USA Region-United States
Job Type: Experienced
3M HIS APL Software Engineer - Silver Spring, MD
For more than 100 years, 3M has been a company that delivers both sustainable growth and consistent results. Today is no exception. We are making great progress toward inventing a new future for 3M - a future of faster growth and increased competitiveness, while continuing to deliver superior results.
3M Health Information Systems, Inc., is the leader in providing healthcare funding and performance management solutions. With more than 5,000 customers, 3M Health Information Systems enables healthcare providers to enhance operations, shorten revenue cycle times, improve patient care and achieve an electronic health record solution.
The APL Senior Software Engineer will design, prototype, code, debug, test, document, maintain, update and support complex health information system software in the HDM (Health Data Management) Software Engineering Department. Some C# development (of COM objects to be accessed from APL) and direct client support may be required. The person in this position is responsible for software application development and data access using SQL Server. Mastering the existing GUI-interface, metadata management, and high-level data access routines will be required for the engineer to be successful. Responsibilities also include preparing the software for release and integrating metadata configuration changes made by product analysts; and development, test, and preparation of fixes between official releases with the goal of having that code become the mainstream code used for further development.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5+ years experience programming with “A Programming Language” (APL)
- Minimum 5+ experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Minimum 5+ development experience delivering APL applications in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Minimum 5+ Graphical User Interface experience (GUI)
- Experience with APL+Win components
- Commercial product development experience
- Healthcare experience
This position is a 3M HIS position and is therefore not a 3M benefited position. The position is subject to the benefit package under 3M HIS benefits program. Details will be shared with you at the time of interview with the hiring manager.
No relocation available
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Functional Developer/Architect; Operations & Implementation with focus on Reliability, Scalability & Optimization
$150k base + Bonus (could go higher for right candidate)
Seeking a personable Developer possessing architecture experience with a list/vector-based language, passionate about reliability, scalability and stability to create large-scale analytics solutions; including designing the supporting high-performance database structure, operations, and workflow processes.
The firm constructs and implements databases with a focus on rapid availability, easy data accessibility and outstanding query performance. Applicants should possess 3-5 years of mission critical development experience; building, optimizing and managing cloud based applications is highly preferred.
This Developer requires project management skills and an innate ability to deal with complicated problems presented by the customer using tech savvy and common sense.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Design and implement parallel systems that operate on immense quantities of data
- Build, optimize and manage cloud based applications
- Solve analytical problems whose solutions have substantial business impact
- Project implementation from beginning to end including working with the client to define project scope, goals and deliverables
Education & Experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 3-7 years of relevant development experience building customer-facing applications
- Experience building, optimizing and managing cloud based applications preferred
- 2-3 years in an a mission critical production environment
- At least 1 year of architecture experience
- Project Management experience
- Strong command of at least one functional/list/vector-based programming language (e.g. Lisp, Scheme, K, or APL)
- Exposure to massive scalability and storage solutions and large-scale applications
- Database experience
- SaaS experience is a plus
- cooperative and creative
- ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently while creating a maintainable codebase that can evolve as technology changes
- capable of working independently towards goals
- strong personal work-ethic
- passion for excellence
- positive, balanced, “roll-up your sleeves” attitude
- able to communicate clearly
- have strong, positive interpersonal skills
- feel comfortable presenting to a group including management
- ability to articulate his/her ideas; consider options presented by others; and reach an informed, balanced technical opinion
- create clear, concise memos, summaries, design documentation, and presentations
- ability to review technical documentation provided by others and provide constructive comments
To be considered please submit a word version of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strong APL programming experience
Reinsurance Industry background is preferable / otherwise also ok
Should be ok for long term assignment
rate – €400 per day all inclusive – Cologne, Germany
MUST HAVE A EU PASSPORT OR VISA
Looking for experienced Mainframe APL resource for Sweden. Interested applicants can drop me a mail with updated resume at Santosh_basarkar@mahindrasatyam.com. Details of the position as below.
Experience in APL Project: Min 4 years
Total Experience: Min 6 years
Programming Language: APL2, Dyalog APL/W, JCL
Database: DB2, Sharefile/AP
Tools: MQ Series
Good to have: Has client facing experience, has worked in APL migration project.
Location :Gothenburg, Sweden
The successful candidate will have demonstrated skills in the analysis, design, development, delivery and maintenance of commercial enterprise software solutions. The candidate will use his/her OOA/OOD skills along with in depth knowledge of the Microsoft .NET, .COM Framework, C#, Microsoft T-SQL and APL to develop industry-leading solutions for the healthcare industry.
- Participate in architecture, design, and development of dictation and transcription software
- Document solution in incident reports
- HL7 and EDI message processing
- Write Unit Tests
- Work with QA Team to develop test cases and scenarios
- Work closely with Product Analysts and Testers to assure the application for correct behavior and quality of release
- Work closely with Product Analysts to solve or mitigate client escalations and provide quick turnaround time for client escalated issues
- Customer interaction and problem resolution
I am hiring for a Dyalog APL / C# software Development position. Contact me if interested. It will help if you believe in the www.noshortageofwork.com philosophy.
Neeraj Gupta (via LinkedIn.com)
Operations and Business Manager
We are a global Hedge Fund with more than 800 employees and offices in North America, Europe and Asia. We pursue a global multi-strategy approach to investing, seeking to achieve above-average risk-adjusted returns. The talent and dedication of our people are critical to our success. We offer an opportunity for developing one´s professional career while working with individuals trained in a variety of disciplines in a collegial and dynamic environment. We also offer a broad range of competitive benefits on a global basis. The firm is looking to recruit a Q Developer.You will be contributing to the development of a firm-wide intraday PNL system that covers a range of security types, including equity, fixed income, futures, FX, and options. The system uses Q as the foundation of its business logic and the backbone of a client-side GUI application. Advanced knowledge of Q-the-programming-language as opposed to KDB-the-database-system is required. Alternatively, genuine expertise in J or APL is acceptable. Experience with development on Linux OS is desirable but not mandatory. Some experience with Java and/or Tibco Rendezvous is a plus. A minimum of 10 years in the financial and trading field and the relevant business knowledge is required.
Millennium Management LLC
666 Fifth Avenue, 9th floor New York, NY 10103
Please send resumes to Stacey.email@example.com