From Baa Baa Cupcake Have You Any Frosting - http://baabaacupcake.blogspot.com
Chai Cupcakes - Adapted from Vegan Cupcakes Take over the World - Makes 4 dozen mini
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 5 black tea bags
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- pinch ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line mini cupcake tin with paper liners
- Heat milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it just begins to boil. Add the tea bags and cover. Remove from heat and leave covered for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, squeeze the remaining milk out of the tea bags. Remeasure the milk and save one cup of it (drink the extra as a mid-baking pick-me-up!)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the oil, yogurt, sugar, and vanilla into a mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Add the tea mixture and mix until well combined.
- In a medium bowl, add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and pepper. Mix with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients into the large mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Fill paper liners 2/3 full of batter. Bake for 13-16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
Cinnamon Frosting - Enough to cover 4 dozen mini cupcakes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2-3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 T milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the confectioner's sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you have added 2 cups. Mix well after each addition.
- Once you have added 2 cups of confectioner's sugar, add the milk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the cinnamon, mix well.
- Add remaining confectioner's sugar to achieve desired consistency. If you accidentally add too much sugar and the frosting becomes dry, add a little more milk.