It is necessary to add the opening balance transaction as a normal transaction to tally the debit and credit sides of the accounts. Because of double entry accounting you need debit and credit transaction, so even the opening balance should have two entries. If you have 1000$ cash balance investment that mean you have 1000$ equity.
You can add a debit opening balance to an account by debiting the relevant account and crediting a relevant account.
Example 1: to add opening cash balance
Debit the Cash account by the amount
Credit the equity account by the amount
Example2: To add opening balance of debtors
Debit the Debtors account (Mr. ABC) by the amount
Credit the purchase (PC Parts) account by the amount
You can add a credit opening balance to an account by crediting the relevant account and debiting a relevant account.
Example 1: to add opening Creditors balance
Credit the creditors account (XYZ Limited) by the amount
Debit the Sales account (PC sales account) by the amount
Note: if you still have questions please contact the by email.
1. click on Inventory icon on the main Screen
2. Select a Template from the list
example: Sales Invoice, Expenditure Transaction, etc...
3. If the selected Template is not complete follow instruction for 'How to Create Templates'
4. In the main Inventory Details window
a) Enter the Reference by giving the reference number for the Transaction.
b) Enter Notes if required.
c) Enter Transaction Items
'How to Create Templates' )
1. click on template icon on the main screen
3. give a name to the new template and save.
example: Sales Invoice
4. click on add to create a new 'item' for the template
example: Item, Tax, Discount etc...
6. Now save the template and you will see the new 'template Item' listed for the new template
5. On the 'Template Item' window:
a) Enter the name
b) Select Debit Account Type and Debit Account
c) Credit Account Type and Credit Account
d) finally select whether you wants to repeat this item by checking 'Repeat item'.
7. Repeat step 4, 5 and 6 to create another Template Item.
8. Now this newly create template will list in Template List window for further Editing and List in 'Inventor List' to add Transactions.
* You should be able to use above Template for Transactions How to use Templates for Transactions
Now you can add a single transaction or multiple transactions in AZZURRA Financial Accounting.
a) To Add multiple transaction follow How to use Templates for Transactions
b) To Add single transaction follow the instruction bellow
1. Select Debit account
2. Select Credit account
3. Assign the transaction date
4. Give the Amount in 00.00 format
5. Enter Description for the transaction