Spring 2016 Registration
Early Registration - Sports Authority (5170 Stevens Creek Blvd, San Jose)
430-630pm Early Registration - John Muir Library
630-830pm Dec 6
Dec 15 Tues $155
Regular Registration - Sports Authority
Regular Registration - John Muir Library
630-830pm Jan 21 Thurs $175
Last Chance Registration - John Muir Library
After Feb 9 - On-Line Registration and Paypal Payment Online
(Mail in after completion)
Send it in Fast! Teams Fill Up!
Spring 2016 Key Information:
- Coach, Referee, and Board training on-going (see Training Calendar).
- Practices start in March. Practice times and locations are determined by the team coach.
- The first day of games is Saturday March 19, 2016.
- The special U5 Boys Program is 9 Saturdays, the 10ths week is a party. Read more about it at U5 Boys Jamboree.
- U6, U8, U10, U12, U14, U16, U19 are 10 weekends of games.
- Limited financial aid is available for those in need. (PARTIAL SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE)
BRIEF REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
You will need to PRE-REGISTER AT TWO ONLINE
locations (WebYouthSoccer AND eAYSO):
- Register your Player or Players at https://r64.webyouthsoccer.com/online_reg/?region=64 (Print 2 copy of all forms for each Player) -- Register all your Players. Also register yourself and choose a volunteer duty.
- We use eAYSO.org to run background checks on our volunteers.
Bring to WALK IN registration TO COMPLETE YOUR REGISTRATION:
- For Fall Season - All PARENTS and Volunteers must register once for each Fall to Spring Season (Fall 2015 to Spring 2016 register for MY2015)
- For NEW PARENTS, Go to https://www.eayso.org/ and register yourself as a "New Adult Volunteer"
- For RETURNING PARENTS - you should register as a "Returning Adult Volunteer"
- Go to https://www.eayso.org/
- Register as a "New Adult Volunteer" or "Returning Adult Volunteer"
- Register once per "school year". For example, the year "MY2015" is Fall 2015-Spring 2016
- Be sure to click through ALL pages and Submit and ESign
- Bring a printed copy of the form
- Copies of your eayso.org Volunteeer registration forms, 1 copy for each Parent Volunteer (REQUIRED every Fall, and for new SPRING Parents)
- Printout of your ayso64.org (WebYouthSoccer) forms, 2 copies for each Player
- Copies of your driver’s license for each Parent Volunteer.
Proof of age for each Player (Birth Certificate or Passport) Bring a form of payment - Cash, Check or Credit Card
- If you are coming in person, you just need to show your Driver’s license. If you are registering a spouse that is not present, bring a copy of the driver’s license.
Vea el aviador español
DETAILED REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS
Please Read and Complete all of the following steps carefully:
Save 30-40 minutes at walk-in registration by doing steps 1-10 at home.
- Read our Registration Agreement
before you start. By proceeding you are agreeing to abide by the registration agreement.
Remember to complete all the following steps -- both for your player(s)
and for the volunteer(s) from your family.
- Fill out player application(s) for each player in the special registration entry page of WebYouthSoccer (click this link!).
During the player registration process each family
must sign up for a Regional Volunteer Job in WebYouthSoccer.
- Carefully follow all instructions within this system.
- Include contact information for both parents - so we can reach both parents as well as the emergency contact if an emergency happens.
- Fill out your child's height and weight - this helps us create balanced teams!
- If you set up a new account, remember your login ID & password as you'll need it to get team information during the season.
If you want your player on the same team as a friend, please read about Buddy Requests.
- Please note the choice(s) you make for later reference.
- Volunteers are critical for our region. This is an opportunity for you to be a great role model for your kids. Coaching and Refereeingare particularly rewarding -- all kids and parents look up
to coaches and referees -- the Region and all parents thank you profusely. Board Members are also key and often have more flexible hours than coaching and refereeing. Coaching, Refereeing, or serving on the Board can can help you with your career -- learning new skills in a supportive environment.
- Please note that all volunteers must also register as volunteers in eAYSO as described below. WebYouthSoccer tracks your volunteer assignment(s) but eAYSO is the official registration system for volunteers -- tracking training history and background checks.
Print the set of player forms. Note that your volunteer position prints on the player's registration form.
Read, initial and sign the Kid Zone Pledge form. Remember to follow the Kid Zone Pledge at all games.
All new players (who have not played in Region 64
before) must provide a photocopy of their birth certificate or passport for Date of Birth (DOB) verification. Bring this to registration or mail a copy in with a mail-in application.
Prepare a check for the registration fees made payable to "AYSO Region 64". Limited financial aid is available for those in need.
Apply to be a volunteer in eAYSO. We strongly urge every family to fill at least one or two volunteer positions or more. Having family members volunteer ensures a high quality program for your kids at a low player registration price. Plus, volunteering can be an excellent opportunity to spend quality time with your children and be a stellar role model for them.
For a variety of reasons, our region
uses 2 independent registration systems -- WebYouthSoccer for player & volunteer management
and eAYSO for volunteer background checks & training. If you are registering for the spring season and you
were an eAYSO registered volunteer this past fall for Region 64, you may
skip this step, otherwise...
If this is for the fall season OR you have NOT yet registered as a volunteer for the current school year (member year) in eAYSO, do the following:
If you wish to skip the 15 minute Parent Orientation meeting that is part of registration, you must bring proof that you've successfully passed AYSO's Safe Haven course. Either bring a paper printed copy of your certificate from the course, or log into eAYSO and print your Safe Haven certification records page. To see your Safe Haven Certification in eAYSO: login to eAYSO, click "View Certifications", click "Click Here" under Certifications, click "Safe Haven" (even if you see "Certification information not available"), and finally print the page you see. If the Safe Haven Link is not clickable than eAYSO has no record of you taking the latest AYSO Safe Haven.
- Using the exact name specified on each adult volunteer's Driver License, fill out a volunteer application for each volunteer in eAYSO
(remember this additional login ID & password for future use -- this system is
completely separate from the WebYouthSoccer system used for your
Print 1 copy of the volunteer registration form for each volunteer. Do
NOT register Region 64 players in eAYSO!
- You must provide a social security number so AYSO can run a background check. Why? To keep kids safe! Social security numbers are the most cost effective way to do reasonable background checks. Social security numbers are very secure in eAYSO (only 2-3 national staff can see them). For more information, please read AYSO's National Social Security Number Policy.
- If you have trouble using eAYSO to register as a volunteer, see our detailed step-by-step Volunteer Registration Instructions.
- All volunteers must show or provide a photocopy/picture of their Driver License or State ID for ID verification at registration.
Bring all documents -- 2 signed copies of each player registration form; photocopy of birth certificate or passport with birth date (if new to our region); 1 printed eAYSO volunteer form with photocopy of Driver License for each volunteer; signed Kid
Zone pledge form; and signed check made out to "AYSO Region 64" in the amount specified below for each player -- to one of the following
See Table Above for Dates
[Volunteering has its privileges: Returning HEAD Coaches, Returning Referees, and Returning Board members have special early registration privilates to avoid the lines at registration events. Returning means that you've been a board member, coach, or referee for Region 64 the previous season AND you are serving as a
board member, coach, or referee for the upcoming season.]
Mail in Registration Is Available AFTER THE LAST WALK IN REGISTRATION(See Schedule above), and is subject to wait list pending available spaces. Please mail your entire registration packet (WYS player form, EAYSO parent form, etc) to:
1072 S. De Anza Blvd., Suite 107A-64
Make sure it includes:
- 1 signed copies of each player registration form that show your volunteer role (if you did not volunteer, please log back into WebYouthSoccer and pick a volunteer job);
- Signed and initialed Kid Zone pledge form; A SIGNED CONCUSSION INFORMATION SHEET
- Photocopy of birth certificate or passport with birth date for each player;
- 1 printed eAYSO volunteer form and photocopy of Driver License for each volunteer; and
- Signed check made out to "AYSO Region 64" in the amount of $210/player.
- INCOMPLETE PACKETS will DELAY your player registration. YOU MUST CHOOSE A VOLUNTEER job.
Mail-In registrations after our last in person registration are wait-listed (there is a good chance but it is not guaranteed that there will be a place for your child on a team). Children of AYSO Board Members, Coaches and Referees are placed on teams first because they enable us to have a region and teams (without them there is no AYSO for anyone).
U5 and U6 players may often register right up to the first, second, or sometimes even third game of the season (although they may not be placed on a team until the following week). If your U5 or U6 child is registering after the last walk in registration, after submitting your application online, make sure you contact U5@ayso64.org, U6boys@ayso64.org, or U6girls@ayso64.org (respectively).
13. Refund Policy:
All refunds are subject to a $20
processing fee. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 Noon on the Friday immediately before the first game. No
refunds for drop requests after 12 Noon on the Friday before the first game. Outright donations are never refundable.
14. After you have registered:
- Please join the AYSO64 parents Yahoo Group as described at AYSO64 Yahoo Groups. This allows us to send you critical time sensitive information during the
season and afterwards. When you are no longer part of Region 64, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of every email sent to this group.
- Please also read After Registration.
||Mid Week practice
||Game field Location
| Sat. time fixed: 30 min practice + 30 min game
|| Miller Middle School
| Sat. time varies: 30 min practice + 30 min game
|| Miller Middle School
|| 60 ~ 75 min : 1
|| Saturday, times vary every week
| Meyerholz / Muir
|| 75 ~ 90 min : 1
|| Saturday, times vary every week
|| *Murdock / Wilson / Eisenhower/Sedgwick
|| 90 min : 2x
|| Saturday, times vary every week
|| Miller*/ McAuliffe
|| 90 min : 2x
|| Saturday (note that U14 & U16 are combined)
|| 90 min : 1 - 3x
|| 90 min : 1 - 3x
|Age Guide for 2015-2016 Membership Year|
|U-19||16-17-18||8/1/96 and 7/31/99|
|U-16||14-15||8/1/99 and 7/31/01|
|U-14||12-13||8/1/01 and 7/31/03|
|U-12||10-11||8/1/03 and 7/31/05|
|U-10||8-9||8/1/05 and 7/31/07|
|U-8||6-7||8/1/07 and 7/31/09|
|U-6||5||8/1/09 and 7/31/10|
|U-5||4||8/1/10 and 7/31/11|
|This age guide is for games and competitions that begin on or after Aug. 1, 2015. |
Download this chart.
Game and practice field locations are documented at Fields & Games.
Practices start in March. Practice times and locations are determined by the team coach.
* For U10 and up, away games may include traveling to Cupertino, Saratoga, and Prunedale (Near Salinas), EVERGREEN, AND Downtown San Jose
** PCSSL is a special select (not open registration) opportunity for AYSO players who play in the fall or spring in the regular AYSO program but also want an opportunity play at a more advanced level. PCSSL games may be played anywhere from Prunedale to South San Francisco or even further afield. PCSSL players must connect with a coach in advance to be accepted into the PCSSL program.
What to expect after the "Cut-Off Date" ?
For information about programs in Cupertino, West of De Anza, please visit www.ayso35.org. For information about other AYSO programs in our area see the Area 2J website at http://ayso2j.org.
- All applications received after February 7th are WAIT-LISTED pending space availability!
- After the completion of the registration process, team formation will evolve until the team rosters are finalized at Coach/Team Balance Meetings 2-4 weeks before the first game. The coaches will then contact the players and parents on their team shortly after that. Some limited team changes may continue to occur up to the first game due to extenuating circumstances.
Registration update: Region 64 space availability (Pre-Registration)
| U19 Girls
| U19 Boys
| U16 Girls
| U16 Boys
| U14 Girls
| U14 Boys
| U12 Girls
| U12 Boys
| U10 Girls
| U10 Boys
| U8 Girls
| U8 Boys
| U6 Girls
| U6 Boys
| U5 Boys Jamboree
|| 9-10 Games Saturday Mornings, 1 Team Party last day of season
for choosing AYSO Region 64! With over 1400 players each year, Region
64's soccer program is one of the best run, most popular in Northern
California. For advanced players, we have Fall Extra and Spring PCSSL.
Our focus is Player Development
, in a fun
- Everyone Plays! - All Players play 3 out of 4 quarters when possible (minimum of 1/2 a game)
- Play with Friends - Bring a buddy and play on the same team
- Great Value - 9-11 Games a Season for a price 1/2 or 1/4 the price of other programs
- Open Recreation and Competitive
- Open Recreation - Play multiple positions, play 3 out of 4 quarters, focus on player development
- Our Select/Competitive/Extra U10/12/14 teams regularly place and win
in tournaments against Club teams. Advanced players may tryout for the
Spring Season Runs March 19th – May 22nd, Games on Saturdays
- 4-5 Year Olds 1 Hour Each Saturday Includes Training/Practice and Game
- 6-9 Year Olds 1 Training/Practice on Weekday Evening, 1 Game on Saturday
- 10 Year Olds and Up 2 Training/Practices per week, 1 Game on Saturday
a Player, your child will learn the game of soccer, teamwork, and
sportsmanship. As an AYSO volunteer, you (the parent) will also learn
real, practical skills you can apply at work and home.
For 40 years, parent volunteers have delivered our world-class program. Most of our Volunteers start with NO knowledge soccer. We Train You! It's even More Fun when you Know More and help our Players Develop
AYSO Team has large and small volunteer positions, so you will find
something that fits your schedule, your skills, and your skills you want
to learn. If you choose to volunteer as a Coach or Referee, you
receive AYSO training and support.
Read Why AYSO? for more great reasons to choose AYSO Soccer
As a Parent Volunteer run program, we keep our fees down and program quality high.