PART 1: Set Up Goals (for all teams scheduled for the first game)
Please arrive 30 minutes before game’s start time to allow enough time to set up the goals properly.
- Unlock the goals from the fence using combo. If chain/lock is not separately secured to fence, relock the chain to the fence to prevent it from getting lost or stolen!
- Pull goals away from fence and tilt them forward. Grab middle of top bar and drag them into place. If it is too heavy for some - grab a volunteer - two people can easily handle the weight.
Deploy Nets, Stake goals, corner flags, Ref Field Bag & Garbage Cans:
- Unlock storage shed using same combo
- Unlock the Port-a-Potty using same combo
- Corner flags are inside the Goal shed - deploy to each field and install one flag per corner. Simply push into the ground with your foot until the post stands erect and is stable.
- Take net over to each goal. Install each net with bungee fasteners to goal post. Use about 13 bungee cords per net. The bungee fasteners should be in the Ref Field Bag. There are spares in the shed.
- Hammer 5 stakes on to each goal (2 on the left and 2 on the right and 1 center back for the net) to anchor down the goal post’s base; there are 10 stakes & a hammer located inside each Ref Field Bag. Hammer 1 stake in the center back of the net at the back of the goal so the net is taut (tight) and not too loose. Tuck nets under the left and right sides of goal post.
- Put each Ref Field Bag behind the field’s goal net that is closest to the shed side of the field – ice packs are in the side pockets.
- Take garbage can liners from dispenser box in shed. Put new garbage can liners inside each trash can that is locked to the fence. Be sure that the locks are relocked during the games to prevent the locks or other contents in the shed from being lost or stolen.
PART 2: Take Down Goals (for all teams scheduled for the last game)
Please plan to stay ~20 minutes after the game is over to take down the nets and goals, store them and Ref Field Bags and make sure everything is properly cleaned/locked up before leaving the field!
- Remove all 10 goal stakes and put them back in the respective Ref Field Bag.
- Remove nets and put nets back in their bins in the field shed.
- Store goals along fence, lock them down. Please make sure all the goals are LOCKED.
- Store the corner flags & Ref Field Bags in field shed.
- Lock up the Port-a-Potty!
- Lock down the sheds! Make sure all lids and doors are closed snugly. For the small plastic sheds, put the lock through the bottom hole to minimize the ability to lift the shed’s lid up/open which will help to avoid vandalism and theft to our sheds.
if you need help.
Call Qin: 510-828-6366 or Susan 831-239-4844