The Referee Team
Our goal in Region 34 is for all referees to work as members of a team. This will be discussed in all Regional Referee Classes as well as Referee Refresher Classes (click Referee Training
What is the Referee’s Code?
- Always remember that the game is for the players. Player safety and fair play come first.
- Study and learn the Laws of the Game and understand the “spirit” of the Laws. Help fellow referees do the same.
- Encourage and enforce the AYSO philosophies of Everyone Plays, Positive Coaching, Good Sportsmanship and Player Development.
- Respect other referees’ decisions, and do not publicly criticize another official.
- Wear the proper uniform and keep it in good condition.
- Maintain good physical condition so you can keep up with the action.
- Stay calm when confronted with emotional reactions from players, coaches and parents.
- Honor accepted game assignments. In an emergency, find a replacement.
- Support good sportsmanship with a kind word to players, coaches and parents of both teams when deserved.
- Always be fair and impartial, avoiding conflicts of interest. Decisions based on personal bias are dishonest and unacceptable.
Three Basic Referee Online Companion have been scheduled in South Redondo Beach. Click see the Referee Training
page for more details.
We appreciate that you give of your time to be a referee for the kids of our region. Please contact Larry Rosolowski
or anyone on the referee leadership team
if you have questions or concerns.