FIRST RESIDENCE HOTEL - DISNEYLAND HOTEL PHOTO.
First Residence Hotel
- The official house of a government minister or other public and official figure
- the official house or establishment of an important person (as a sovereign or president); "he refused to live in the governor's residence"
- any address at which you dwell more than temporarily; "a person can have several residences"
- A person's home; the place where someone lives
- residency: the act of dwelling in a place
- The fact of living in a particular place
- An establishment providing accommodations, meals, and other services for travelers and tourists
- A hotel is an establishment that provides paid lodging on a short-term basis. The provision of basic accommodation, in times past, consisting only of a room with a bed, a cupboard, a small table and a washstand has largely been replaced by rooms with modern facilities, including en-suite
- In French contexts an hotel particulier is an urban "private house" of a grand sort. Whereas an ordinary maison was built as part of a row, sharing party walls with the houses on either side and directly fronting on a street, an hotel particulier was often free-standing, and by the eighteenth
- a building where travelers can pay for lodging and meals and other services
- A code word representing the letter H, used in radio communication
Trump International Hotel and Tower
Trump International Hotel & Tower One Central Park West New York, NY 10023 Trump International Hotel reception desk --------------- Trump International Hotel & Tower is both a hotel and a condominium residence overlookiTrump International Hotel & Towerng Central Park at the juncture of Central Park West and Columbus Circle. The first 17 floors of the 52 story building are made up of 158 hotel units. The upper portion of the building, known as the Tower, is comprised of 158 residential condominiums. The former Gulf & Western Building was purchased by Donald Trump and converted into a hotel and condominium tower (1995 - 1997). The Trump Globe is installed in front of the Trump International Hotel & Tower. The 40 foot tall stainless steel globe created by artist Kim Brandell. The scultpure took 8 months to build and cost $225,000. Brandell had earlier created a 20 foot globe sculpture for the Trump World's Fair hotel and casino in Atlantic City (formerly the Playboy Hotel & Casino) The Gulf & Western Building (15 Columbus Circle) was designed by Thomas E. Stanley and completed in 1970 for the Gulf+Western company. According to the Dallas Observer Tom Stanley's first partner was Wyatt C. Hedrick, who earlier had designed the Shamrock Hotel in Houston. Stanley was the architect for the First National Bank building on Elm Street in Dallas, at 52 stories it was the first glass box high rise in Dallas and became his signature building. A top-floor restaurant in the Gulf & Western building, located in a space used as an executive dining room during the day, did, however, take full advantage of the sites's spectacular views. Similarly, the cinema space in the basement — named Paramount after the picture company that Gulf+Western owned — was closed as the building was sold. Problems with the 45-story building's structural frame gave it unwanted fame as its base was scaffolded for years and the upper floors were prone to sway excessively on windy days. The 1997 renovation into a hotel and residential building was designed by Costas Kondylis and Philip Johnson. It involved extensive renovation of both interior and facades. For example, the 45 stories of the original office tower were converted into a 52-story residential building, enabled by the lower ceiling height of residential spaces. The facade was converted with the addition of dark glass walls with distinctive shiny steel framing.
Hotel Nacional - National Hotel
O Hotel Nacional era o hotel de maior prestigio antes da Revolucao, Anatole France e H. G. Wells sao apenas alguns dos hospedes famosos da epoca. Foi construido em 1903 por Aleksandr Ivanov em um estilo que mescla art nouveau com neoclassicismo e custou cerca de um milhao de rublos, uma fortuna na epoca. Depois da Revolucao foi usado por um breve tempo por Lenin, quando ele moveu o governo Bolshevique para Moscou, e entao tornou-se a Primeira Casa Sovietica, a residencia de oficiais do Partido e convidados extrangeiros de prestigio, como o famoso jornalista americano John Reed. -- The National Hotel was the most prestigious in Moscow before the Revolution, whose famous guests included Anatole France and H. G. Wells. It was built in 1903 by Aleksandr Ivanov in a style that mixes art nouveau with neoclassicism, and cost close to 1 million rubles, a fortune at the time. After the Revolution, it was used briefly by Lenin when he moved the Bolshevik government to Moscow, and then became the First House of Soviets, a residence for Party officials and distinguished foreign guests such as the famous American journalist John Reed.