Robotics Engineering, Chonnam National University
77 Yongbong-ro, Buk-gu, Gwangju
Office : AI Convergence Building, Room 103
Tel : +82 62 530 4211
E-mail : email@example.com
Education & Experiences
Ph.D. in Mechanical and Process Engineering, ETH Zurich, 2019
M.S. in Mechanical Engineering, KAIST, 2012
B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, KAIST, 2009
Assistant Professor, Robotics Engineering, Chonnam National University, 2019 - current
Postdoctoral researcher, ETH Zurich, Switzerland, 2019
Research Assistant, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials (KIMM), 2013
Research Assistant, Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics, Germany, 2012
- "Real-time single view fluoroscopic localization for Deep Brain Stimulation", in preparation.
- A. Hong, A. J. Petruska, A. Zemmar, and B. J. Nelson, "Magnetic and Fluoroscopic guidance for a flexible needle in neurosurgery," under review.
- A. Hong, Q. Boehler, R. Moser, L. Stieglitz, A. Zemmar and B. J. Nelson, “3D Path Planning for Flexible Needle Steering in Neurosurgery," Int J Med Robotics Comput Assist Surg 15(4), 2019.
- B. Jang*, A. Hong*, C. Alcantara, G. Chatzipripiridis, X. Marti, E. Pellicer, J. Sort, Y. Harduf, Y. Or, B. J. Nelson, and S. Pane, “Programmable Locomotion Mechanisms of Hard-Magnetic Nanowires Near a Surface Boundary,” ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 11, 2019.
- S. Mohanty, A. Hong, C. Alcantara, A. J. Petruska, and B. J. Nelson, “Stereo holographic diffraction based tracking of microrobots,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 3(1), 2018.
- B. Jang, A. Hong, H. Kang, C. Alcantara, S. Charreyron, F. Mushtaq, E. Pellicer, R. Büchel, J. Sort, S. Lee, B. J. Nelson and S Pan ́e, “Multi-wavelength light-responsive Au/B-TiO2 Janus Micromotors,” ACS Nano 11, 2017.
- A. Hong, D. G. Lee, and H. H. Bülthoff, and H. I. Son, “Multimodal Feedback for Teleop- eration of Multiple Mobile Robots in an Outdoor Environment,” Journal on Multimodal User Interfaces 11, 2017.
- D. Ahmed, C. Dillinger, A. Hong, and B. J. Nelson, “Artificial acousto-magnetic soft mi- croswimmers,” Advanced Materials Technology 2(7), 2017.
- A. Hong, B. Zeydan, S. Charreyron, M. F. Toy, O. Ergeneman, S. Pan ́e, A. J. Petruska, and B. J. Nelson, “Real-Time Holographic Tracking for the 3D Control of Microrobots,” IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 2(1), 2017.
- B. Jang, W. Wang, S. Wiget, A. J. Petruska, X. Chen, C. Hu, A. Hong, D. Folio, A. Ferreira, S. Pan ́e, and B. J. Nelson,“Catalytic Locomotion of Core-Shell Nanowire Motors,” ACS Nano 10(11), 2016.
- A. J. Petruska, F. Ruetz, A. Hong, L. Regli, O. Sürücü, A. Zemmar, and B. J. Nelson, “Mag- netic Needle Guidance for Neurosurgery: Initial Design and Proof of Concept,” ICRA, Stockholm, Sweden, 2016.
- A. Hong, A. J. Petruska, and B. J. Nelson, “Tracking a Magnetically Guided Catheter with a Single Rotating C-Arm,” ICRA, Seattle, US, 2015.
- A. Hong, H. H. Bülthoff, and H. I. Son, “A Visual and Force Feedback for Multi-Robot Teleoperation in Outdoor Environments: A Preliminary Results,” ICRA, Karlsruhe, Germany, 2013.
* These authors contributed equally to the work.
ROB0001 Machine learning
MAE4060 Service Robotics