VERTICAL PANEL TRACK BLINDS. TRACK BLINDS

Vertical panel track blinds. Remote control window shades.

Vertical Panel Track Blinds


vertical panel track blinds
    track blinds
  • A window blind is a type of window covering which is made with slats of fabric, wood, plastic or metal that adjust by rotating from an open position to a closed position by allowing slats to overlap. A roller blind does not have slats but comprises a single piece of material.
    vertical
  • A vertical line or plane
  • relating to or involving all stages of a business from production to distribution
  • The distance between the highest and lowest points of a ski area
  • An upright structure
  • at right angles to the plane of the horizon or a base line; "a vertical camera angle"; "the monument consists of two vertical pillars supporting a horizontal slab"; "measure the perpendicular height"
  • something that is oriented vertically
    panel
  • A thin, typically rectangular piece of wood or glass forming or set into the surface of a door, wall, or ceiling
  • A thin piece of metal forming part of the outer shell of a vehicle
  • decorate with panels; "panel the walls with wood"
  • empanel: select from a list; "empanel prospective jurors"
  • A flat board on which instruments or controls are fixed
  • sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat and rectangular) section or component of something

Tremont Baptist Church
Tremont Baptist Church
Mount Hope, The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States Summary The Tremont Baptist Church, a noteworthy example of a neo-medieval auditorium church, is located in the west central Bronx neighborhood of Mount Hope, which is part of the larger Tremont section of the borough. Construction began in 1904, at a time when the population of the Bronx was growing rapidly and the Baptist denomination's influence in New York City was increasing. Construction of the church was phased: the foundation and basement were finished in 1906, while the upper part of the church was built in 1911 -12. During the intervening years, services were held in the basement. The church was an unusual commission for its architect, William H. Birkmire, who usually designed commercial buildings, many of which are found in the Ladies Mile and Tribeca Historic Districts. For the church, Birkmire chose a picturesque version of the neo-Gothic style, based on the French- and Norman-influenced Early English Gothic style. The Tremont, Baptist Church was organized in 1884, during the early suburbanization of this section of the Bronx. The church's current East Tremont Avenue site is its third location in the neighborhood. Early on, the church defined itself as a major social institution in the Tremont neighborhood, establishing many activities mainly for young people. These programs were strengthened and expanded during the 1970s and 1980s; today, the church remains a cornerstone in the neighborhood. The church building sits prominently upon a sloping site that follows the curve of East Tremont Avenue. It is polygonal in plan with an offset tower at its southeast comer. The main facades and the tower are faced in rough-cut gray marble ashlar. The church has five buttressed bays, consisting of intersecting, angled gables that follow the curve of East Tremont Avenue. The bays contain pointed-arch window openings, situated in smooth marble surrounds, featuring stained glass, tracery, and cusping. The church's imposing gray marble exterior, steeply sloping roof, crenellated tower, and remarkable intactness enhance its visual prominence in the neighborhood. DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS History of the Neighborhood The Tremont Baptist Church is located in the west central Bronx neighborhood of Mount Hope that is part of the larger Tremont section The land, which once belonged to the Morris family, was fanned well into the nineteenth century. In 1841, the New York and Harlem Railroad opened a station at what is now East Tremont Avenue near Park Avenue; a small village subsequently developed around the station. Many German and Irish immigrant families settled in the area in the mid to late nineteenth century. Churches serving these populations - Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist, Congregationalist, as well as Baptist, followed these congregants. Improvements in transportation made by the early 1890s - a trolley line on Tremont Avenue, a new subway station at nearby West Farms, and the extension of the Third Avenue elevated line - spurred residential development, consisting primarily of detached houses. Around the turn of the century, Jews from the Lower East Side and Italians from East Harlem and Little Italy joined Tremont's existing German and Irish population. When the New York Baptist Mission Society acquired the church site on East Tremont Avenue in October 1902, the neighborhood immediately surrounding the site consisted mainly of freestanding houses on large lots, although scattered groups of row houses had been built mostly north of the area toward Burnside Avenue, about three blocks away. Industrial buildings were found to the east, surrounding the New York and Harlem Railroad tracks on Park Avenue, while the neighborhood's commercial core, which included most of the area's churches, was located on Washington Avenue, one block east of Park Avenue. The population of New York City grew tremendously in the first decades of the twentieth century; by 1925, more than one million people inhabited the Bronx; most were crowded into the southern part of the borough including Tremont. During this period, six-stay apartment buildings were replacing existing two- and three-story, detached residences. They were quickly filled by immigrant families, attracted to Tremont by its reasonable rents, easy access to jobs in Manhattan via the Third Avenue El and the IRT Subway, and the green respite of nearby Crotona Park. Apartment house construction and population growth continued into the 1930s. Following the Second World War, the farms and countryside surrounding New York City were transformed into suburban residential areas made accessible by newly-constructed highways and parkways. Tremont's existing residents, overwhelmingly of European extraction and increasingly prosperous, began a slow but steady exodus from the neighborhood. They were replaced by African-Americans and Puerto Ricans of lesser means. At the same time, New York City's
Tremont Baptist Church
Tremont Baptist Church
Mount Hope, The Bronx, New York City, New York, United States of America Summary The Tremont Baptist Church, a noteworthy example of a neo-medieval auditorium church, is located in the west central Bronx neighborhood of Mount Hope, which is part of the larger Tremont section of the borough. Construction began in 1904, at a time when the population of the Bronx was growing rapidly and the Baptist denomination's influence in New York City was increasing. Construction of the church was phased: the foundation and basement were finished in 1906, while the upper part of the church was built in 1911 -12. During the intervening years, services were held in the basement. The church was an unusual commission for its architect, William H. Birkmire, who usually designed commercial buildings, many of which are found in the Ladies Mile and Tribeca Historic Districts. For the church, Birkmire chose a picturesque version of the neo-Gothic style, based on the French- and Norman-influenced Early English Gothic style. The Tremont, Baptist Church was organized in 1884, during the early suburbanization of this section of the Bronx. The church's current East Tremont Avenue site is its third location in the neighborhood. Early on, the church defined itself as a major social institution in the Tremont neighborhood, establishing many activities mainly for young people. These programs were strengthened and expanded during the 1970s and 1980s; today, the church remains a cornerstone in the neighborhood. The church building sits prominently upon a sloping site that follows the curve of East Tremont Avenue. It is polygonal in plan with an offset tower at its southeast comer. The main facades and the tower are faced in rough-cut gray marble ashlar. The church has five buttressed bays, consisting of intersecting, angled gables that follow the curve of East Tremont Avenue. The bays contain pointed-arch window openings, situated in smooth marble surrounds, featuring stained glass, tracery, and cusping. The church's imposing gray marble exterior, steeply sloping roof, crenellated tower, and remarkable intactness enhance its visual prominence in the neighborhood. DESCRIPTION AND ANALYSIS History of the Neighborhood The Tremont Baptist Church is located in the west central Bronx neighborhood of Mount Hope that is part of the larger Tremont section The land, which once belonged to the Morris family, was fanned well into the nineteenth century. In 1841, the New York and Harlem Railroad opened a station at what is now East Tremont Avenue near Park Avenue; a small village subsequently developed around the station. Many German and Irish immigrant families settled in the area in the mid to late nineteenth century. Churches serving these populations - Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist, Congregationalist, as well as Baptist, followed these congregants. Improvements in transportation made by the early 1890s - a trolley line on Tremont Avenue, a new subway station at nearby West Farms, and the extension of the Third Avenue elevated line - spurred residential development, consisting primarily of detached houses. Around the turn of the century, Jews from the Lower East Side and Italians from East Harlem and Little Italy joined Tremont's existing German and Irish population. When the New York Baptist Mission Society acquired the church site on East Tremont Avenue in October 1902, the neighborhood immediately surrounding the site consisted mainly of freestanding houses on large lots, although scattered groups of row houses had been built mostly north of the area toward Burnside Avenue, about three blocks away. Industrial buildings were found to the east, surrounding the New York and Harlem Railroad tracks on Park Avenue, while the neighborhood's commercial core, which included most of the area's churches, was located on Washington Avenue, one block east of Park Avenue. The population of New York City grew tremendously in the first decades of the twentieth century; by 1925, more than one million people inhabited the Bronx; most were crowded into the southern part of the borough including Tremont. During this period, six-stay apartment buildings were replacing existing two- and three-story, detached residences. They were quickly filled by immigrant families, attracted to Tremont by its reasonable rents, easy access to jobs in Manhattan via the Third Avenue El and the IRT Subway, and the green respite of nearby Crotona Park. Apartment house construction and population growth continued into the 1930s. Following the Second World War, the farms and countryside surrounding New York City were transformed into suburban residential areas made accessible by newly-constructed highways and parkways. Tremont's existing residents, overwhelmingly of European extraction and increasingly prosperous, began a slow but steady exodus from the neighborhood. They were replaced by African-Americans and Puerto Ricans of lesser means. At the same time, New Y

vertical panel track blinds
Comments