- Mathematics Travel Grants for Women Researchers 2016-2017 Deadlines: October 31, 2016, February 1, 2017, May 1, 2017, October 1, 2017.
- Mathematics Education Research Travel Grants for Women Researchers These grants are no longer being offered as of October 2016.
- Mathematics Mentoring Travel Grants for Women Deadline is February 1 each year.
- Mathematics Education Research Mentoring Travel Grants for Women These grants are no longer being offered as of October 2016.
- Advice for Travel Grant Applicants
The Association for Women in Mathematics has administered the NSF-AWM Travel Grant Program for Women since 1988, supporting both travel to domestic or foreign research conferences and, more recently, longer-term visits with a mentor. The Program continues to attract applicants of exceptional quality, and it is always the case that many deserving applicants cannot be funded. On average, only a third of those applying can be supported.
The purpose of the travel grants is to enhance the research activities of women mathematicians and increase their visibility in various research venues.
The research proposal is important. The research itself should be of high quality, and the proposal should give a clear, concise explanation of results, reasonably understandable to a lay mathematician. In what way did your work go beyond what was known? What are the connections to and implications for other results or open questions?
You should provide a detailed and realistic budget, with information on the most economical fares (on U.S. carriers), etc. For foreign travel, U.S. air carriers must be used (exceptions only per federal grants regulations; prior AWM approval required).
a) NO, I do not have a NSF grant, other institutional or grant “current and pending funding” support thatprovides travel funds that could be used to fund the travel as outlined in my proposal.ORb) YES, I do have a NSF grant, other institutional or grant “current and pending funding” support thatprovides travel funds that could be used to fund the travel as outlined in my proposal. If YES, please describethe “current and pending” travel support. Indicate the source of the funding and the amount and relevanttime period related to when the funds may be used.