Open to: Recent PhD's, Graduate students, Undergraduates, High school and grade school students, teachers
- American Institute of Mathematics (AIM)
- Fields Institute for Research in Mathematical Sciences
- Institute for Advanced Study (IAS), School of Mathematics
- Institute for Computational and Experimental Research in Mathematics (ICERM)
- Institute for Mathematics and Its Applications (IMA)
- Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics (IPAM)
- Mathematical Biosciences Institute (MBI)
- Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI)
- Statistical and Applied Mathematical Sciences Institute (SAMSI)
- Pacific Institute for the Mathematical Sciences (PIMS)
The goal of the new Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) Mentor Network is to match mentors, both men and women, with girls and women who are interested in mathematics or are pursuing careers in mathematics. The network is intended to link mentors with a variety of groups: recent PhD's, graduate students, undergraduates, high school and grade school students, and teachers. Matching is based on common interests in careers in academics or industry, math education, balance of career and family, or general mathematical interests.
- Request a Mentor: Do you need some advice as you pursue your mathematical studies or career? Do you have questions for someone who has experience and expertise as a mathematician? Then request to be matched with a mentor from the AWM Mentor Network!
You must read these guidelines before requesting a mentor. - Suggested Guidelines for Mentees
- Be a Mentor: Volunteer to mentor someone in their pursuit of their mathematical interests or to help the AWM Mentor Network in other ways. As a mentor you don't have to have all of the answers, but you can help to make the connection to someone or someplace that does!
Suggested Guidelines for Mentors
We strongly encourage mentors, mentees, and their institutions to join AWM so that they can stay informed on opportunities and resources available through the AWM.
For more information contact a member of the AWM Mentor Network Committee or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Carolina State University, email@example.com
Lamar University, firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Iowa, email@example.com
Rachel Kuske (Founder and Adviser)
University of British Columbia, firstname.lastname@example.org
Delaware State University, email@example.com
Arizona State University, Omayra.Ortega@asu.edu
Disclaimer for AWM Mentor Network:
AWM provides the Mentor Network Program solely for educational purposes. While this programs is hosted by AWM, the views posted do not necessarily represent the opinion of the Association. AWM accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this site by others or exchanged through this program. Participants in the Mentor Network Program acknowledge that opinions or statements exchanged by mentors and partners are not a substitute for their own independent research. Neither AWM nor organizers of this programs assume any responsibility or liability in connection with actions taken as a result of any information exchanged in this program. The AWM Mentor Network Program is in no way liable to participants for any damages arising out of participation in the program. AWM and its officers, employees, and agents are released by this disclaimer from all claims, judgments, demands, liabilities, and actions that participants may have arising out of, or in any way relating to, their participation in the Mentor Network Program.