AWM Service Award
The AWM established the AWM Service Award in 2012. An inaugural class of 10 service award winners was recognized at the AWM Reception at the 2013 Joint Mathematics Meetings. AWM depends largely on the work of volunteers. In recognition of the extensive time and effort devoted to AWM activities by some volunteers, AWM offers a Service Award. The AWM Service Award will recognize individuals for helping to promote and support women in mathematics through exceptional voluntary service to the AWM. Each year the recipients of the Service Award will be recognized at the annual AWM Reception and Awards Presentation at the Joint Mathematics Meetings.
The award has the following parameters:
- The award will focus on service to the organization within the past 7 years.
- There will be one to two awards given each year. Awardees will be confirmed by the EC.
- Awardees will be recognized at the AWM reception at the JMM. They will receive a certificate.
- Presidents and past presidents of AWM are not eligible for the award. Other officers of AWM are not eligible during their term of office.
- Nominees must be current members of AWM.