AWM encourages individuals or organizations to seek “in cooperation” status for conferences, meetings or events that make a significant effort to promote women in mathematics.
AWM will consider requests from individuals and organizations that
- agree that AWM bears no financial or legal liability,
- have at least one AWM representative on the organizing committee and involves AWM in the conference, meeting or event planning,
- make a significant effort to promote women (or girls as appropriate) in mathematics through programmatic features or participant and speaker selection,
- are attentive to diversity issues,
- will offer AWM members the same registration fees offered to members of the sponsoring organization
A formal request should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org directed to the attention of the Executive Committee. The request must be approved by the AWM Executive Committee. Normally, the request includes the location, dates, subject, program outline, costs to participants, sponsoring organizations, list of organizers and the potential benefits to AWM and its members. Please also include the timeline for planning and participating in the conference, meeting or event. The requesting organization or individuals must get AWM’s approval for use of the “in cooperation with AWM“ status in grant proposals seeking funding for the conference, meeting or event.
They further agree to
- list "in cooperation with AWM" on conference, meeting or event announcements and programs
- and agree to share the final list of attendees and speakers, including contact information (affiliation, mailing address, phone number, email) if requested by AWM.
For information on meetings that have already met this status, visit the Approved Meetings page.