Wifi wireless bridge - How many computers can connect to a wireless router.
Wifi Wireless Bridge
- A wireless bridge is a hardware component used to connect two or more network segments (LANs or parts of a LAN) which are physically and logically (by protocol) separated.
- A device used to transmit and receive radio frequencies over the air between two LANs.
- The Linksys Wireless Bridge is a small black box that allows for the robot to communicate with the driver station.
- Wi-Fi is a trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance that manufacturers may use to brand certified products that belong to a class of wireless local area network (WLAN) devices based on the IEEE 802.11 standards. 802.11 the most widely used WLAN technology.
- wireless local area network: a local area network that uses high frequency radio signals to transmit and receive data over distances of a few hundred feet; uses ethernet protocol
- WIFI (1460 AM) is a radio station broadcasting a brokered format. Licensed to Florence, New Jersey, USA. The station is currently operated by Florence Broadcasting Partners, LLC.
24dbi parabolic antenna
This is part of the City Heights wireless network which serves some low income housing units and the Teen/Tennis Center. I write software but occasionally they let me out of the cage to build and maintain the wireless network.
We're getting 25 encrypted Mbits/second from about a mile away with some Buffalo consumer gear in bridge mode.
First all-over shot of rack with server, shelves and WiFi antennae (Only the righthand one is being used to bridge to my 80211b wireless ADSL router - the other antenna's a spare I couldn't think of any better place to put).