Shakespeare and Religion
- Do not, as some ungracious pastors do,
- Show me the steep and thorny way to heaven,
- Whiles, like a puff'd and reckless libertine,
- Himself the primrose path of dalliance treads.
- And recks not his own rede.
Ophelia, Hamlet, Act I, scene iii
Shakespeare was very concerned about religion; nearly all of his plays have some kind of reference to the role of religion in his characters' lives. Please feel free to recommend academic sites dealing with this subject by emailing me at email@example.com.