Avventura is a Garry Hoyt designed Freedom 32, hull # 23, built in 1984. She was bought by me in 2007and has been extensively refit since then with the goal being to bring her to close to new condition. There is no other F32 in such fine condition.
She has a new engine installed in 2004 with less than 600 hours estimated. New Sails made by Doyle with stackpack on the main and unique jib design (both have larger roach); the spinnaker is in very good condition, Every nut and bolt has been replaced, every necessary repair made and the interior, bottom, topsides and deck have been refinished with work documented. Detailed records of maintenance and improvement
Avventura is seakindly and is both nimble and fast.
- The bottom has been peeled with gelcoat removed and 2 layers of fiberglass mat bonded to bottom, keel and rudder and then covered with 5 coats of 2000/2001 epoxy primer and Micron Extra .
- Topsides were sanded filled and faired, then coated with 3 coats of high build epoxy primer, sanded and painted with 3 finish coats of Awlgrip.
- The decks and cockpit were stripped of all hardware and finished with 3 coats of high build epoxy primer, sanded and painted with 3 finish coats of Awlgrip with non-skid areas refinished.
- All deck hardware was removed and either polished, replated or refinished.
- New Garhauer stanchions with new lifelines installed and stanchion bases reinforced
- All portlights (Bomar) are new and superior to the originals used; all portlights can be opened for ventilation; teak surrounds were fabricated for interior finish detail
- New specially designed sails (expanded roach for more speed with main Doyle Stackpack and unique jib downhaul system.
- Harken big boat traveller system
- Running rigging and hardware in very good/excellent shape
- Spinlock clutches
- Reconditioned Barient self-tailing 2 speed winches
- Replacement Yanmar 3GM30 27 hp diesel <500 hours; Racor heavy duty filter
- New alternator in 2010
- New 3 blade Michigan prop
- New bilge pumps and wiring in 2013
- Dodger, Bimini and their frames are as new.
- Ideal windlass reconditioned and replated at the factory
- New Edson pedestal guard with pedestal refinished and controls re-built
- New headliner and lighting
- New Upholstery
- reconditioned sole
- Groco electric toilet reconditioned by Groco
- New head shower-faucet and galley hardware; galley sink powder coated; new Whale pump
- Propane stove/oven
- Garhauer Crane mounted on radar mast to raise outboard from dinghy
- Raymarine C 70 GPS/Charplotter/multifunction display system
- Raymarine ST60 Instrument Package: Wind, Depth, Speed
- Raymarine ST6000/S1 autopilot
- Raymarine 4K Radar
- Uniden VHF and remote
- Panasonic XM/FM receiver, CD player and new speakers
- XM Antenna on radar mast
- Anchors: Bruce and Danforth with 175' chain rode plus auxiliary 250 1/2" rope rode with 20' of chain; Fortresswith 150 rope rode for use as lunch hook
- Winter cover that works as boom tent or with frame when mast unstepped
- new batteries
Avventura is lying in Westbrook, CT
Contact: Jack Carles, firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-453-3850