The vision of Avonmouth Community Centre Association is:
all residents living in the Bristol ward of Avonmouth enjoy a high
quality of life, are able to achieve their economic, social and
educational goals, and are part of a strong, prosperous and caring
In order to achieve its vision, ACCA has as its mission:
manage a community building which provides high quality facilities and
a range of activities, that is accessible to all sections of the local
To continuously develop and update the building,
to meet the changing needs and expectations of the community, both now
and in the future.
To provide accommodation for local community
groups and public sector organisations in order to enhance local
services for residents, particularly for those people who are
disadvantaged, vulnerable or who face difficulties accessing provision
appropriate to their particular needs and circumstances.
develop activities that increase participation in civic life, including
through providing local residents with opportunities for
self-development, volunteering and involvement in local decision-making.ValuesACCA operate within the following values:
- Equal Opportunities
- As both a service provider and employer, ACCA promotes equality of
opportunity and believes in challenging discrimination of all kinds.
- Community Cohesion
– ACCA is committed to helping create a strong and prosperous community
in which individuals from all cultures, backgrounds and beliefs are
able to develop mutual understanding and respect.
- Democracy and Accountability
– ACCA is a membership organisation and its management committee is
accountable to the community through open meetings and the annual
election of its officers. It regularly communicates with and consults
all sectors of the community, to ensure that its planning and decision
making continues to reflect locally identified priorities.
- Partnership Working
- ACCA believes that collaboration with voluntary and community groups,
public sector bodies and private sector businesses improves its ability
to enhance resources and deliver better services.
- Independence and Financial Sustainability
- ACCA recognises that it is in the best interests of the communities
it serves for it to plan for a financially sustainable future based on
sound management, cost effectiveness and increasing its own income
- Environmental Sustainability
– ACCA will meet the challenge of climate change through adopting good
environmental practices, and promoting all aspects of environmental
sustainability throughout all its operations.