Data Structures 2015
Data Structures - Semester II , 2015
Lecturer: Prof. Shmuel Tomi Klein
TA: Avishay Yanay
09-March - Asymptotics
13-April - Linear Data Structures
15-April - Linear Data Structures (cont)
29-April - Graph representation, BFS, DFS, Topological Sort (ch.23 Intro To Algorithms, Cormen,Leiserson,Rivest)
06-May - Topological Sort (cont) + exercises.
20-May - Trees cont. + AVL (drafts)
03-Jun - Hashing (drafts)
10-Jun - canceled
24-Jun - Binary Heap
1st+2nd - Due date: Last week of April.
- 1st question - (*) You can assume that the total amount of element that would be inserted to the queues is at most n. You don't have to check that. (*) It is not legitimate to break the array into two equal parts as an initialization, the sizes of the queues should be dynamic. (*)
- 4th question - (*) The insert operation get as an input a pair (key,value) and put it into the dictionary. (*) When the key from the (key,value) pair that should be inserted already exists in the dictionary then you should decide what should happen (i.e. either return an error or override the existing entry).
3rd+4th - Due data: second week of June.
5th - Due date: 20.7
Hashing - Due date: 28.6
Programming Assignment - Due date: 21/05/15 23:00
Grades & partial solutions:
0. Your solutions are at the department's secretary
1. Note that not all the exercises have been checked.
2. For any issue please contact me (Avishay)