AVID • FINAL CUT PRO • PREMIERE
917-887-1550 • email@example.com
- HGTV - Sizzle Pitch for Home Renovation Show. Embassy Row. 2014.
- ABC Family - Matchmaker vs. Machine. Comedic/Reality/Dating/Competition Show. Ish Entertainment. 2014.
- TLC - I Found the Gown Season 3. Reality TV. Half Yard Productions. 2013-2014.
- Hulu - More: All My Children / One Life to Live. Prospect Park Productions. 2013.
- A&E - Biography: Jackson 5. Mark Mark Productions. 2010.
- TLC - Best Food Ever. Top 10 food show. Hoff Productions. 2010.
- IFC Channel - SXSW Festival. A look back at the last two SXSW Festivals. 2010.
- IFC Channel - Toronto Film Festival. Various festival events and premieres. 2009.
- IFC Channel - Tribeca Film Festival. Various festival events, premieres, and wrap up. 2008.
- IFC Channel - Ghetto Film School. Portrait of a teenage film school in the South Bronx. 2008.
- The History Channel - What Happened After? Senior Editor on four-hour documentary series exploring seminal events in history and how they altered the lives of people involved. Established visual style and edited full hour on the Manson Family Murders, plus segments on The Baby Jessica Story, The Titanic, Shackleton’s Antarctic Expedition, and Woodstock. Supervised on-line process. Atlas Media Corporation. 2001.
- The History Channel - The 9/11 Commission Report. Edited segment of two-hour special on the seminal book. CBS News Productions. 2004.
- The History Channel - Big Deals. Documentary series examining some of the landmark business deals in U.S. history. Editor on an hour that featured stories on Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz’s contract with CBS and Microsoft’s deal with IBM. Atlas Media Corporation. 2002.
- Bravo Profile: Geena Davis. Biography series chronicling actors’ creative journeys. Kralyevich Productions Inc. 2002.
- Discovery Health Medical Profile: Sarah Ferguson. Premiere episode of a new biography series examining how notable figures have coped with health crises. Kralyevich Productions Inc. 2002.
- TLC - A Baby Story. Edited eight episodes of this on-going Emmy-award winning verité-style series about couples having babies. True Entertainment. 2003-2004.
- Lifetime Television - Intimate Portraits. Biographies of high-profile women directed by Lee Grant. Portraits include Elizabeth Taylor, Lee Grant, Jamie Lee Curtis, Madeline Kahn, Marlo Thomas, Kim Cattrall, Vicki Lawrence, Florence Griffith Joyner, Linda Dano, and Holly Robinson Peete. Feury/Grant Entertainment. 1999-2003.
- The Travel Channel - Freaky Foods. Portrait of a fast food restaurant in Michigan serving muskrat. On-lined the full hour. Atlas Media Corporation. 2001.
- The Travel Channel - Extreme Festivals. Portrait of an annual motorcycle rally in Sturgis, South Dakota. On-lined the full hour. Atlas Media Corporation. 2001.
- The Travel Channel - Really Wild Towns. Portrait of a snake-charming village in remote India. On-lined the full hour. Atlas Media Corporation. 2001.
- HBO - Drinking Apart. Associate Editor on this verité-style documentary executive-produced by Sheila Nevins. Following three alcoholic families, this film explores the relationships between their individual alcoholic situations and a unique therapeutic process. Directed by Kenneth Paul Rosenberg. 1999.
Independent Documentaries - Feature Length
- The Same Difference. Finishing Editor on documentary examining discrimination within the African-American lesbian community. Directed by Nneka Onuorah. 2015.
- Afghan Women: A History of Struggle. Portraits of remarkable Afghan women and how their resilience and resistance reflect the recent history of Afghanistan during a quarter-century of cataclysm. Directed by Kathleen Foster. 2007. Review: link
- The Aggressives. Character-driven documentary on a subculture of New York City lesbians who have boldly appropriated a male dress code and style. Directed by Daniel Peddle. 2004. Had a theatrical run and is distributed by 7th Art Releasing. *Winner: Best Documentary Jury Award (Seattle Lesbian/Gay FF 2006, Providence Lesbian/Gay FF 2006), Best Documentary Audience Award (Philadelphia Gay/Lesbian FF 2006) plus others.
- Point of Attack. Political/social documentary chronicling the post-9/11 racial profiling, large-scale roundups, detentions, and mass deportations of Arab, Muslim, and South Asian men as part of the U.S. government’s “War on Terrorism.” Directed by Kathleen Foster. 2004. Distributed by Cinema Guild. *Winner: Best Documentary Runner-up, Moondance Film Festival 2004*
- American Museum of Natural History - The Invasion: A Case Study on the Hudson River. Chronicling a 20 year ecological invasion of the zebra mussel in the Hudson River. Directed by Sandya Viswanathan. 2010. watch
- American Museum of Natural History - Malaria: Natural Selection and New Medicine. HD Exhibition hall video on how genetics affect natural selection. Directed by Vivian Trakinski. 2010. watch
- American Museum of Natural History - Our Expanding Universe. HD Exhibition hall video on what may be causing the expansion of the universe to accelerate. Directed by Tania Van Bergen. 2010. watch
- American Museum of Natural History - SALT: Imaging the Southern Sky. HD Exhibition hall video on the SALT Telescope in South Africa. Directed by Vivian Trakinski. 2008. watch
- The Guardian UK website - Super Tuesday pieces. NYC firefighters protest Guiliani campaigning in Florida; the sub-prime mortgage crisis in Stockton, CA. Directed by Kate O'Callaghan & Patrick Farrelly. 2008.
- Sugar Daddies. Prostitution among schoolgirls in Malawi. Directed by Kate Kenny. 2007.
- Asian Stories. The impact of 9/11 on various Asian communities in New York City. Directed by Renata Huang. 2002.
- At the Edge of Sufficient. Verité-style visual grant proposal on the struggles of the Humla ethnic population in Nepal. Directed by Julie Bridgham. 2001.
- Room Tone. Rickie Lee Jones in her recording studio. Directed by Darryl Turner. Produced by Hilton Als. 2000.
- Aubagio/Genzyme. Long-form documentary testimonials for MS drug, Aubagio. Havas/Studio 6. 2015.
- Woolite. 30-second spot for Polish television, edited in Polish. Havas/Studio 6. 2014.
Planetarium Space Show
Journey to the Stars. The space show at the American Museum of Natural History in NYC. 2010-2014.
Showed at planetariums across the U.S.
Visual Effects Editor
- The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. VFX editor at Framestore. Feature film directed by Ben Stiller. 2013.
- Inside Llewyn Davis. VFX editor at Framestore. Feature film directed by The Coen Brothers. 2012. link
- Not Fade Away. VFX editor at Framestore. Feature directorial debut from Sopranos creator David Chase. 2011-12. link
- In the Family Way. When Belinda returns home from life in the city, her hidden pregnancy threatens the fragile web of lies she's told her family. Directed by Rachel Gordon. 2012.
- Wilderness. Robert, 40, followed by an impatient angel, is reticent from the start to live his first of many lives and is stuck on the fifth of six steps needed to complete his life. 20 min. Directed by Amy Neswald. 2007.
- Mandela Was Late. Nelson Mandela is late visiting his parole officer. 9 min. Directed by Jeffrey Mehlman. 2005.
- Exhibit 42. Super-16mm film about a man “tempted” by an art gallery installation. 12 min. Directed by Glenn Komsky. *Winner Best Short Film at Sedona Film Festival*. 2004.
- Tata. A woman has a second chance at a conversation with her deceased father and what he teaches her about love. 22 min. Directed by Agna Ostoya. 2000.
- Secret Sunshine for The Criterion Collection. Director Chang-dong Lee interview for the DVD release of the film. 2011.
- Double Life of Veronique for The Criterion Collection. Composer Zbigniew Preisner’s interview for the DVD release of the film. Edited entirely in Polish. 2006.
- Transformational Learning for The Newfield Network. Executive life coach Julio Olalla teaches life-changing principles during a Newfield conference in this instructional video. Alchemy Films. 2006.
- Funniest Mom in America for tvland.com. Short-format web segments for the reality TV series uploaded to the Nick @ Nite website. Rik Pix. 2006.
Master of Arts, Visual & Urban Anthropology, San Francisco State University, CA
Bachelor of Arts, Anthropology, University of California, Berkeley, CA
- Founder and president of Women in Production (wipnyc.com), a New York City-based networking organization for over 800 women in film and television production, founded in 1999. Website launched in 2010.
- Tutor of Avid and Final Cut Pro
- Independent documentary editorial consultant
- Archival footage and photo research and rate negotiation
- On-line editing and conforming, basic sound design and mix, and color correcting using vectorscopes and waveform monitors
- Languages: Fluent in Polish, a basic knowledge of Modern Greek and Spanish
- Obsessions: Travel, Hiking, Tennis, Kundalini Yoga, and Cuban-style Salsa dancing