Refrigerator water supply valve - Drink refrigerators.

Refrigerator Water Supply Valve

refrigerator water supply valve
    water supply
  • water system: a facility that provides a source of water; "the town debated the purification of the water supply"; "first you have to cut off the water"
  • All of the processes that are involved in obtaining water for the user before use. Includes withdrawal, water treatment, and distribution.
  • Water supply is the process of self-provision or provision by third parties in the water industry, commonly a public utility, of water resources of various qualities to different users. Irrigation is covered separately.
  • A refrigerator is a cooling apparatus. The common household appliance (often called a "fridge" for short) comprises a thermally insulated compartment and a heat pump—chemical or mechanical means—to transfer heat from it to the external environment (i.e.
  • Refrigerator was an Appendix Quarter horse racehorse who won the Champions of Champions race three times. He was a 1988 bay gelding sired by Rare Jet and out of Native Parr. Rare Jet was a grandson of Easy Jet and also a double descendant of both Depth Charge (TB) and Three Bars (TB).
  • white goods in which food can be stored at low temperatures
  • An appliance or compartment that is artificially kept cool and used to store food and drink. Modern refrigerators generally make use of the cooling effect produced when a volatile liquid is forced to evaporate in a sealed system in which it can be condensed back to liquid outside the refrigerator
  • A device for controlling the passage of fluid through a pipe or duct, esp. an automatic device allowing movement in one direction only
  • A membranous fold in a hollow organ or tubular structure, such as a blood vessel or the digestive tract, that maintains the flow of the contents in one direction by closing in response to any pressure from reverse flow
  • a structure in a hollow organ (like the heart) with a flap to insure one-way flow of fluid through it
  • control consisting of a mechanical device for controlling the flow of a fluid
  • A cylindrical mechanism in a brass instrument that, when depressed or turned, admits air into different sections of tubing and so extends the range of available notes
  • device in a brass wind instrument for varying the length of the air column to alter the pitch of a tone

Picture 057
Picture 057
Picture of the plumbing underneath the kitchen sink. As is apparent, the drain for the sink is not connected to the drain trap on the drainage pipe at all. The fatter grey colored hose you see on the right goes up to the hand sprayer unit on the faucet and it obviously is not connected at all either thus rendering the sprayer useless. It is supposed to connect to the water lines going up to the faucet above the valves where that odd T junction has been added on the cold side to run water to the fridge. Also in this photo you can see the way the new refrigerator supply line they added has been connected by simply T'ing off of the cold water line to the faucet above the valve on the right, and routing off to the left above the main drain pipe behind (or through) the cabinets. It does not appear to be tacked down in any way whatsoever. It's just hanging there. Meaning, of course, that it can move around easily, freely scraping against the cabinets and/or their contents and such. Eventually this motion will wear a hole in it somewhere along the way to the other end...if a mouse doesn't bite into it first. There is no separate valve for this line installed so if a refrigerator is installed in the future that has no water line input on it, or if the hose breaks, the cold water to the kitchen sink will have to be permanently turned off until a dedicated valve can be installed. Clearly the hose used for this is not protected or insulated or reinforced for high pressure plumbing use. It's just some crappy flimsy piece of meltable, mouse eatable, easily punctured, plastic hose. One freezing spell and that thing is gonna burst and split. If it survives long enough, the plastic material it is made from will eventually get hard and brittle and just snap right off or explode under the pressure. Heat could potentially weaken it enough to cause it to fail under pressure as well. Being that this is in the kitchen where temperature variations are great all year round, it won't take very long for this type of deterioration to occur. It must be removed or replaced with a proper copper or pvc plumbing pipe...and a valve. The drain line from the dishwasher, the corrigated looking hose coming in from the right, is supposed to connect to the drain just above the white PVC trap onto a missing piece which is supposed to extend up to and connect to the drain on the sink. So the dishwasher is now unuseable as well since it has no way to drain out. Although you can see that the dishwasher's water input line (copper pipe running horizontally along the back wall) is still in place and connected. So it can deliver water to the dishwasher, but the dishwasher cannot drain it out anywhere but on the floor. So the dishwasher is in a state right now where turning it on will cause it to function and drain water all over the kitchen floors. You can also see the vast heap of grey goo oozing from the scrap wood pieces clumsily tacked to the wall studs in the back. So much of it was just globbed on there that it almost completely engulfs the 5" main drain pipe. That sloppy bead line along the back bottom edge must be at least 3" thick. That mess must be scraped and cleaned up. And what you are seeing is only that small portion of the material that oozed out of the cracks between the pieces of wood. Way way way too much of this grey foaming material was used for this job. Who knows how much of the interior wallspace is now packed dense with that stuff. Can the wiring running inside that back wall still be accessed? Is this grey goo a fireproof and nonconducting material? I am fairly certain that wire you see on the right coming up out of the goo bead is the ground wire for the dishwasher which hooks to the cold water pipe. This means that the dishwasher wire is now glued in place. To remove and replace the dishwasher now means digging the wiring out of all that hardened goo. At least there's a bucket in there to catch some of the waterfall that's bound to occur here now. Taken on July 12, 2011 after the renters left and returned possession of the house back to us.
Week 16 - Water supply
Week 16 - Water supply
This week I have been on a Narrowboat, and I have found out that you have to fill it with water! A boat on the canal filled with water! Mummy said thats the water is used for when we make a cup of tea, doing the washing up, having showers and erm.. flushing the toilet. So we have to make sure we are careful with our water and not to waste it so we don't have to fill up so often. Grandad attached the hose to the water supply end and then opened up the hole at the front of the boat where the clean water goes in so we can have some fresh water. This is a water supply for boats on the canal. Grandad has a special British Waterways key for this water supply, some water points are free for anyone to use and some have locks on them to stop people from turning the taps on and walking away. It makes me mad to think people would do that. Knowledge gained - How to get water onto a narrowboat.

refrigerator water supply valve