Cannon Photo Contest - Dakota Fanning Photo Shoot 2011
Cannon Photo Contest
- an occasion on which a winner is selected from among two or more contestants
- Engage in competition to attain (a position of power)
- a struggle between rivals
- Take part in (a competition or election)
- Oppose (an action, decision, or theory) as mistaken or wrong
- to make the subject of dispute, contention, or litigation; "They contested the outcome of the race"
- a large artillery gun that is usually on wheels
- An automatic heavy gun that fires shells from an aircraft or tank
- heavy gun fired from a tank
- A carom
- make a cannon
- A large, heavy piece of artillery, typically mounted on wheels, formerly used in warfare
- A photo finish
- photograph: a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
- Photo is a French magazine about photography, published monthly by Hachette Filipacchi Medias. It is mostly focused on artistic aspects of photography rather than technical aspects. The editorial line is mostly oriented toward fashion and nude photography.
- A photograph
- PHOTO was the name of an American photographic magazine geared towards men. It was published monthly by the Official Magazine Corporation beginning in June 1952.
cannon photo contest - Dear Cary:
Dear Cary: My Life with Cary Grant
Cary Grant was the ultimate star, defining Hollywood glamour as well as cinematic achievement. Dyan Cannon was a bright new actress, beautiful and funny. So began a storybook romance that brought her to dizzying heights and the inner circles of power in which Cary Grant was king.
Behind closed doors, she discovered a Cary no one knew. A caring and private person, with dark family secrets that weighed heavily upon him. He was a man contending with the swan song of an astonishing film career while her career was just beginning. Despite the age difference, they fell in love, got married, and had a beautiful daughter together. Happily Ever After, though, proved elusive, and their relationship was beset with tragic twists and turns.
With rare photos and never-before-seen letters from Grant, Dear Cary is told with poignancy and hard-won wisdom.
He was the most charming, handsome, romantic, and famous leading man in the world... what could possibly go wrong?
With unparalleled honesty, Dyan Cannon shares the heartwarming and heartbreaking story of her magical romance and stormy marriage to screen legend Cary Grant. He was the ultimate star, defining Hollywood glamour as well as cinematic achievement. She was a bright new actress, beautiful and funny, who would one day prove her talent by being the first woman to receive Academy Award nominations for her work on-screen and behind the camera.
When he asked to meet Dyan, she assumed it was for an acting part, but he had a different role in mind for her...and so began a storybook romance that brought her to dizzying heights. On his arm, she found herself traveling in the inner circles of power and glamour in which Cary Grant was king, with friends such as Jimmy Stewart, Frank Sinatra, Audrey Hepburn, and so many others considered Hollywood royalty.
Behind closed doors, she discovered a Cary no one knew. A thoughtful, caring, and private person, with dark family secrets that weighed heavily on him. He was a man contending with the swan song of an astonishing film career while her career was just beginning. Despite the age difference, they fell in love, got married, and had a beautiful daughter together. Happily Ever After still proved elusive, and their relationship was beset with tragic twists and turns. It took a tremendous toll on Dyan as she struggled to keep her heart and mind intact.
With rare photos and never-before-seen letters and notes from Cary Grant, Dear Cary is told with poignancy and hard-won wisdom. For anyone who has ever loved and lost, Dyan Cannon’s memoir is an exploration of what love means, and an inspirational story of surviving life’s slings and arrows.
A Look Inside Dear Cary
Click on the images below to open larger versions.
Aloha! A snap from a Hawaiian-themed party Cary and I attended during our first year of dating.You may kiss the bride! Cary’s attorney Stanley Fox stands at left. Addie Gould, my agent and best friend, right.One thing we always agreed on: Our baby was the most beautiful baby in the world! (Philippe Halsman/Magnum Photos)Frank Sinatra’s weekend soiree for Rosalind Russell. $25,000 is still a lot of money for a party, but the same affair today could have cost as much as a quarter-million dollars.What more can a girl ask for than to have Cary Grant as her driver?
Oregon Photo Contest
photo 1024 - This picture was taken on my summer vacation last year (June 2010). We stopped by Cannon Beach, Oregon to see the Haystack Rock as seen in the Goonies movie. Little did we know that the very day we happened to be there was the ONE day a year they let people drive on the beach! We drove right up to the rocks and took lots of photos. Such a beautiful day on the beach!
"YMBT Summer Photo Contest"
photo 1469 - Here is a photo of Cannon Beach area on the Oregon Coast. We had a wonderful stay at the BW in Seaside, OR over Labor Day weekend! And no rain.