- The Age of Autism - A series of articles that delves into autism in ways no one else does. Dan Olmsted is a reporter who has uncovered information on autism that researchers need to investigate much further than they do now. A MUST READ!
- autism: New Frontiers in Research & Drug Discovery - A great new resource from the New York Academy of Sciences. A good explanation of autism, why the increase, and the very latest research on autism and treatments.
- Medline Plus Health Information - A completed search for information on autism from the National Library of Medicine.
- National Library of Medicine PubMed Search on Autism - A completed search of PubMed (Medical and professional journal articles) on recent articles concerning autism. Once you check out their search, do your own.
- Seaver Autism Research and Treatment Center and Greater NY Autism Center of Excellence - "The Center, funded by a major grant from the Seaver Foundation since 1993, is dedicated to unraveling the biological causes of autism and related disorders, and developing effective treatments for autism. The Seaver Center's interdisciplinary approach to the study of autism includes Family/Genetic studies, Brain Imaging studies, and Biological, Autoimmune, Neuropsychiatric and Psychosocial and Medication Treatment Studies."
- The Autism Research Foundation - Current Research in Autism Lists and describes research projects currently underway. Include contact information.
- Autism Speaks - Current research projects on autism.
Please send questions, comments, & suggestions to: Gary J. Heffner.
DISCLAIMER: This site is intended to provide basic information resources on Autistic Disorder. It is not intended to, nor does it, constitute medical or other advice. The author of the web site is not a medical doctor. Readers are warned not to take any action with regard to medical treatment or otherwise based on the information on this web site or links without first consulting a physician. This web site does not necessarily endorse any of the information obtained from any of the links on this page or links that other pages may lead you to. Neither does this web site promote or recommend any treatment, therapy, institution or health care plan. The information contained in this site is intended to be for your general education and information only and not for use in pursuing any treatment or course of action. Ultimately, the course of action in treating a given patient must be individualized after a thorough discussion with the patient's physician(s) and family.