Meet and discuss opportunities for starting and growing business in Central Texas in the Solar Energy Industry.
Vision:To establish Central Texas as a leading center of Solar Innovation
Purpose:Provide networking opportunities for professionals to generate and attract Solar Energy businesses to Central Texas.
Who should attend?
- Entrepreneurs who are starting, or looking to start a solar-based business
- Investors looking to invest in the fast growing solar industry
- Technologists looking to share ideas for new products or services
- Employers in the solar field looking to hire people
- People looking to join solar startups
- Attorneys, Bankers and service providers interested in growing with the solar industry
Solar energy, including photovoltaics, solar thermal, or concentrated solar power, is growing at a rate of over 30% per year and is forecast to be a $70B+ industry by 2012. Central Texas is well positioned to become one of the nation’s leading centers of innovation for this exciting and important technology. With resources like Austin Energy, the Clean Energy Incubator, the University of Texas, and a strong base of venture capital and entrepreneurial talent, Austin can, and should, compete with other areas in establishing or attracting solar energy startups. It takes individuals and investors like you with a passion for renewable energy and a willingness to get involved in starting and growing new companies to make it happen. We welcome you to join us, network to find people with similar goals, or just be SEEN with solar entrepreneurs.
When: Wednesday, February 27 from 6pm – 8:30pm
Where: Scholz Garten, 1607, San Jacinto Street
(Parking available on the street or adjacent garages)