Wooldridge Park

A lot has changed since 1909, when this block became Austin's first park; but the park looks more or less the same now as it did then.

The park was named for Alexander P. Wooldridge (1847-1930), who served as Mayor of Austin from 1909 to 1919; he used to live on the north side of the park, where the Travis County Courthouse stands now.  Over the years, the park has been the setting for countless speeches, rallies, concerts, festivals, weddings, and chess matches.





Wooldridge Park occupies the downtown block between the Travis County Courthouse and the Austin Public Library.  It's bounded by 9th & 10th on the south & north, and by Guadalupe & San Antonio on the east & west.