Children Church Furniture : Jordans Furniture Ottoman.
Children Church Furniture
- Large movable equipment, such as tables and chairs, used to make a house, office, or other space suitable for living or working
- Small accessories or fittings for a particular use or piece of equipment
- A person's habitual attitude, outlook, and way of thinking
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
- Furniture is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above the ground, or to store things.
- Furniture + 2 is the most recent EP released by American post-hardcore band Fugazi. It was recorded in January and February 2001, the same time that the band was recording their last album, The Argument, and released in October 2001 on 7" and on CD.
- An immature or irresponsible person
- (child) a young person of either sex; "she writes books for children"; "they're just kids"; "`tiddler' is a British term for youngster"
- (child) an immature childish person; "he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived"; "stop being a baby!"
- A young human being below the age of full physical development or below the legal age of majority
- (child) a human offspring (son or daughter) of any age; "they had three children"; "they were able to send their kids to college"
- A son or daughter of any age
- Take (a woman who has recently given birth) to church for a service of thanksgiving
- perform a special church rite or service for; "church a woman after childbirth"
- one of the groups of Christians who have their own beliefs and forms of worship
- a place for public (especially Christian) worship; "the church was empty"
St. Georges Episcopal Church
Historic St. Georges Church is located in the small town of Pungoteague, Virginia, which has been continuously settled since the 1660's. St. Georges Church stands today as the oldest church building on the Eastern Shore of Virginia, a treasured relic of the colonial heritage of this narrow peninsula separating the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean. The parish dates to 1652, and by the 1680's, there was a frame church standing on this property. The parishoners complained that the parish had focused all their attention on building a new brick church at Assawoman and had neglected the need for a larger, more substantial building at Pungoteague. In 1738, their requests were answered, when a new cruciform church was constructed. The building was over 80 feet in length, and featured a semi-circular apse, (the only one recorded in any of the local colonial churches), molded columns and a mahogany pulpit. The church's unique hipped roof and shape led some of the less devout locals to proclaim it the "Ace of Clubs" Church. In 1800, the only recorded anti-Methodist movement occured at this church, when the rector preached a fiery sermon against the local Methodist society that was forming in the village. St. George's stood proud until the Civil War, and under Union occupation, it was reduced to a ruin. Union forces under General Henry Lockwood occupied the Eastern Shore of Virginia in 1861, and the church was requisitioned to serve as a stable. Over the next couple of years, all of the interior woodwork and furniture was removed, and likely burned for firewood. One of the wings of the church was torn down, and the bricks used to constructed a cookhouse. By the end of occupation, the church was reduced to a few walls. Fortunately, the remnants of the church were saved when in 1880, the Episcopalians reclaimed their old church, then 140 years old. Only the transcept of the original church could be saved, and thus the present structure is darastically altered from its original appearance. The church does however retain one wall, the present front facade which displays the beautiful and nearly flawless flemish bond brickwork the original church was constructed of. Today, St. Georges is an active church, and the congregation constructed a parish hall next to the church in 1966. The church is part of St. Georges Parish, and shares its rector with St. James Church in Accomac. The rector lives in the 1818 rectory in Accomac. Information drawn from "Revival's Children," by Rev. Kirk Mariner.
St Michael's Church, Shotwick Cheshire
History A Norman church was in existence at the time of the Domesday Book and was largely rebuilt in the 14th century. Restorations were carried out in 1851 and in the 1970s. Structure The church is built from red sandstone, the chancel and porch are roofed with Welsh slate while the rest of the roof is covered in purple tiles.The south doorway is Norman in style, decorated with chevrons but rather obscured by a porch of later date. The porch contains stone benches and on its walls are knife-sharpening slots.The tower is Perpendicular in style and dates from around 1500. The plan of the church consists of a tower at the west end in line with a nave of four bays and a chancel of three bays. There is a north aisle with a chapel at the west end extending as far as the chancel. Fittings and furniture All the pews are box pews and are the oldest in Wirral; at one time their doors were fitted with locks and keys. In the north aisle is a canopied churchwardens' pew dated 1709 and a three-decker pulpit. The altar rails date from the late 17th or early 18th century and the lectern from the late 18th century. It has been said that much of this wooden furniture was moved from a church in Chester in 1812. Some of the windows contain 14th century stained glass. The brass chandelier dates from the late 18th century. The church plate includes a silver chalice and a pewter flagon both dated 1685. The parish registers date from 1698.The ring consists of six bells. The oldest two bells by William Clibury are dated 1616 and 1621. The other four bells were cast in 1938 by John Taylor & Co. External features In the churchyard the gates, gatepiers and churchyard wall along north side of Shotwick Lane are Grade II listed buildings. Also listed Grade II are the red sandstone sundial consisting of a tall bulbous baluster on square base dated 1720 and the tomb chests of James Phillips, John Nevett Bennett, Rev M Reay and 4 children, Robert and Martha Ellison, William Briscoe (died 1704) and others, and William Briscoe (died 1723) and others.