“Baud walking his pet dinosaur early in the morning”
As said in the previous report, the texts of “The Time of the Naguals” are now (April 2013) gathered in eight tomes, published by Interzone Editions, and available, on line in pdf. See at http://www.interpc.fr/mapage/westernlands/tn.html
Le Temps des Naguals - Autour de Burroughs et Gysin also available in printed version -135 pages
· Tome 1 : Around Burroughs and Gysin : 106 pages (a number of texts are not published in the French tome, and reciprocally).
· Tome 3 : Cut-ups : 92 pages
· Tome 4 : Poems : 150 pages (English, Spanish, French)
· Tome 5: Short stories : 117 pages
· Tome 6: Theatre : 64 pages
· Tome 7: Interzone: 127 pages
Though the pdf are accessible for free, the books are not in the public domain: as Interzone Editions is registered at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France, les lois françaises prévalent (Code de la Propriété intellectuelle).
Hence the copyrights of the anthology “The Time of the Naguals” belong to Interzone Editions, and to the authors of the texts published in the tomes.
16 years after:
Gathering this anthology under a readable shape required time (1967-2013). I plan to publish another tome, a map of Interzone adventure, drawn under my angle as a coordinator, but it remains to be written.
This anthology has been realized at the scale of Interzone, from the start an international group adventure of Burroughs readers experimenting together work directions and research they wanted to share, without any other consideration as having fun through artistic and literary creation in a free and spontaneous framework.
This anthology just is the literary aspect of this common experiment, as the impulse has been multi directional, and the results, astonishing. See the menus Interzone Creation http://www.inter-zone.org/catal1.html , Interzone academy 2011 http://www.inter-zone.org/academy2011.html (Medical research , A non-Aristotelian economy ) and the reports which contain the details of those 16 years.
Applying the non-Aristotelian functions of writing:
In literature, this anthology is an application of the non-Aristotelian functions of writing described and applied by Buroughs and Gysin on the grounds of general semantics:
1. Symbolic function of language(Korzybski): a word is a symbol, a sign which represents something, hence writing has to represent as precisely as possible the facts and events it describes, for the level of the words to be as similar as possible to the level of facts, and for the map to be as similar as possible to the territory it describes.
2. Function of time-binding (Korzybski) : which consists in binding the author and the reader through space-time : when I read a text, I am bound to the author at the time and in the place he wrote it.
3. Magic function, described and experimented by Brion Gysin and William Burroughs, which consists in creating reality : "Writing is about making it happen" (Brion Gysin) : "Mektoub, it is written" : a writer writes a scenario of reality which his readers can make happen, actualize, in their own life, and create their reality.
4. Through the link it created between the author and the reader, writing establishes a collaboration between them, which produces, according to the mathematic principle of non-additivity (1 + 1 = 2 only in arithmetic. 1 liter of oil + 1 liter of alcohol < 2 liters), a phenomenon called by BURROUGHS and GYSIN the 'third mind »: as regards human cooperation, 1+1=3.
" Gysin: when you associate two minds...
Burroughs: There is always a third mind...
Gysin: A third higher mind...
Burroughs: Like an invisible collaborator. "
The evolution of Interzone:
Interzone early members were Burroughs' readers who had a good knowledge of his books: the network had a common map, common references, which made possible relations based upon a common agreement., Johnson family type:
« The Johnson Family" was a turn-of the century expression to designate good bums and thieves. It was elaborated into a code of conduct. A Johnson honors his obligations. His word is good and he is a good man to do business with. A Johnson minds his own business. He is not a snoopy, self-rightous, trouble-making person. A Johnson will give help when help is needed. He will not stand by while someone is drowning or trapped under a burning car.
The only thing that could unite the planet is a united space program... the earth becomes a space station and war is simply out, irrelevant, flatly insane in a context of research centers, spaceports, and the exhilaration of working with people you like and respect toward an agreed-upon objective, an objective from which all workers will gain. Happiness is a by-product of function. The planetary space station will give all participants an opportunity to function." William Burroughs, « The Place of Dead Roads ».
Though Interzone in 2013 is not that anymore. Since 16 years,the group exchanges have been progressively replaced with a sum of individual activities without relations the ones with the others. Hence the reports have become a portal of personal realizations of people who, for a number of them, are not aware of Burroughsian domains of research, and therefore, cannot get involved in them. Hence, the results are deceiving compared to the ones of the start.
Except for the news forwarded by Charles Plymell and his friends in US, survivors of the Beat generation, whom I got in touch with about three years ago, and whose structure of relation is similar to the ones of Interzone at its best. They work together, and apply a reciprocity which is now lacking in the present Interzone.
As a result, I presently feel like keeping on again with the original spirit, with people interested in it and able to apply it. Feed-backs and propositions welcome.
Also I need to update the Interzone lists: I am going to send a mail to the people who receive the reports, asking to send a mail back for me to know whom this reports get to exactly, so I can delete the obsolete contacts.
Interzone as a cyberwar field:
At last, the coordination of Interzone has been parasited since about 10 years by trolls from different origins, mostly anonymous, some from the French space, some from outside, some from apparent French sources run by foreign ones, etc. : usurpation of the identity of my emails, hacking of Interzone sites, injuries to my reputation, copycats of my pages in compromising fake sites, sectarian ones or politically oriented, some with a ultra-leftist appearance, but in fact administrated by e-reputation agencies employed by lobbies, etc.., a subpoena sent to me by a plagiarist, which he ended to cancel after I brought the evidence of the counterfeit, etc. There I have discovered a whole outlandish crowd trying to hijack Interzone sites and realizations in political, sectarian, managerial, etc., unavowable aims.
Under this aspect, Interzone has become a cyber war field, which was unexpected. Though it has revealed itself an interesting experience as a ground of strategic training. Thanks to the nasty vicious stupid evil bastards who got involved in this war, for their recognition of my work, and for giving me the opportunity to use them as unwitting guinea pigs.
Future project ?
The main target of the parasites has been the research on general semantics, and specially, on the non-Aristotelian economy, which has come out of it. I do not know any other attempt to apply GS to this domain. Using it in my own spheres of activities, I could build up Interzone Editions, and on line courses of general semantics, without money investment nor any intermediary, which would have been impossible on the basis of market economy : now my aim in publishing and teaching is not to make a lot of money, sell thousands books nor create a big training center, but to make those books and data available to the people interested in them, without loosing money. And the results fit with my expectations.
As a result, I propose to apply it at a larger scale, with Interzone members interested in it. More ideas ? Feed backs welcome.
Pierre Ranou sent a mail saying Alain Jegou had died in the morning on May 6th. Alain was a sailor and a poet. See his page in Wikipedia at http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alain_J%C3%A9gou and his blog L'Univers poétique d'Alain Jégou http://alainjegou.blogspot.fr/
I had met them with their friend Jean Azarel at a literary exhibition at Rochefort sur Loire in July 2010. See Meeting with Alain Jegou and Jean Azarel at the Marché de la poésie in Rochefort sur Loire: July 4th 2010
Alain Jégou, Jean Azarel & Pierre Ranou, Rochefort sur Loire.
J.F. Ossang is preparing an exhibition on Claude Pelieu and Mary Beach will take place in Paris on June 7th with the participation of Pam Plymell.,
Claude Pelieu was Here ! (1934-2002)
The Wertheim Study presents on Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:15 pm in the South Court Auditorium
Philip Beitchman The Theatre of Naturalism : Disappearing Act
Philip Beitchman, a writer in residence in the Library’s Wertheim Study, received his PhD in comparative literature from The City University of New York and teaches world literature at Medgar Evers College, CUNY. He is the author of I Am a Process with No Subject (1988); Alchemy of the Word: Cabala of the Renaissance (1998); and The View from Nowhere : Essays in Literature, Mysticism and Philosophy (2001). His many translations from the French include works by Jean Baudrillard (Simulations, Fatal Strategies) and Paul Virilio (Aesthetics of Disappearance).
* En deux mots: les âmes sont masculines ou féminines, elles habitent des corps masculins ou féminins indépendament de leur propre sexe et sont destinées l'une à l'autre depuis le premier jour de la Création. Ainsi une âme féminine dans un corps d'homme peut être destinée à une âme masculine dans un autre corps d'homme et seulement alors le mariage sera "fécond"... Idem bien sûr avec une âme masculine dans un corps de femme destinée à une âme féminine dans un corps de femme et une âme masculine dans un corps d'homme à une âme féminine dans un corps de femme etc. etc. et le Zohar (I 98a) proclame: "Le Saint béni-soit-il marie les couples [d'âmes et non de corps]"
AND THE STOOGES
Pop still writhes his way through end-of-days scenarios like a sinewy
witch doctor, and returning guitarist James Williamson gives this
smoldering pool of garage sludge some extra-heavy six-string
WATCH A FULL IGGY AND THE STOOGES CONCERT FROM NPR
IGGY AND THE STOOGES ON TOUR
- Houston, TX - Free Press Summer Festival
friends and colleagues,
DIS_CONTINUUM est un travail en cours, sur la relecture et le recyclage d’images liées à des oeuvres picturales. Ce projet est né d’une volonté, suite à la (re)découverte d’un dictionnaire de la peinture que j’avais acquis quand j’étais étudiant, d’interpréter au fil du temps l‘his- toire de cet art.Formé aux outils de créations numériques, j’ai décidé que cette interprétation se ferait par le biais des lo- giciels (PAO) qui utilisent toute une palette d’outils liés à la peinture et au dessin (gomme, ciseaux, traits, lignes, couleurs etc), et des réseaux Internet qui offrent un accès aux reproductions d’oeuvres d’art.Les oeuvres ont été choisies suivant deux critères, l’ordre alphabétique du dictionnaire, qui comporte plus de sept cents pages, et un choix plus subjectif d’une vingtaine de peintres (de Manet à Picasso en passant par Hockney) qui m’ont marqué personnellement et artistiquement.
Exhibition in the garden-workshop of Mino DC:
Film 6mn realized by Sylvain Bossard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocLRExPgcg
More at http://interzone-news.blogspot.fr/2013/05/lizieres-pique-nique-08-suisse.html www.lizieres.org / firstname.lastname@example.org
Collage de Michel Pellaton exposé du 18 mai au 16 juin à sometimeStudio, 26 rue Saint-Claude, 75003 Paris
Retrouvez l'exposition Masque & varia sur http://www.galeriedidierdevillez.be/
New pages on line
In Interzone sites
- Tome 1 : Around Burroughs and Gysin: 106 pages (plusieurs textes ne sont pas publiés dans le tome français, et réciproquement). http://www.inter-zone.org/thetimeofthenaguals/TNAroundB&G.pdf
- Tome 2: Research: 163 pages http://www.inter-zone.org/thetimeofthenaguals/TN2research.pdf
- Tome 3: Cut-ups: 92 pages http://www.inter-zone.org/thetimeofthenaguals/TN3cutups.pdf
- Tome 4: Poems: 150 pages (anglais, espagnol, français) http://www.inter-zone.org/thetimeofthenaguals/TN4poems.pdf
- Tome 5: Short Stories : 117 pages http://www.inter-zone.org/thetimeofthenaguals/TN5shortstories.pdf
- Tome 6: Theatre , 64 pages http://www.inter-zone.org/thetimeofthenaguals/TN6theatre.pdf
- Tome 7 : Interzone , 127 pages http://www.inter-zone.org/thetimeofthenaguals/TN7Interzone.pdf
Interzone Editions: http://www.interzoneeditions.net/
Interzone news: http://interzone-news.blogspot.com/
In the other sites
Alain Jégou, alias le Cap’tain est parti... http://ressacs.hautetfort.com/archive/2009/03/01/alain-jegou-alias-le-cap-tain.html
Interview of Charles Plymell by Alain Jegou: http://www.wigwametcompagnie.net/plymell.htm
Exhibition Claude Pelieu, Mary Beach http://www.galeriedujour.com/lagalerie.html
Pamela Beach-Plymell: Peace, Freedom...and Walking http://blues.gr/profiles/blogs/talking-with-pamela-beach-plymell-a-publisher-and-designer
Charles Plymell: Matter, Void, Energy, Spirit http://blues.gr/profiles/blogs/an-interview-with-charles-plymell-early-beat-generation-poet-1
Michalis Limnios BLUES @ GREECE http://blues.gr/profile/MichalisLimnios
Le Bathyscaphe: http://bathyscapheenglish.blogspot.ca
A.D. Winans: EULOGY FOR GEORGE JONES http://interzone-news.blogspot.fr/2013/05/ad-winans-eulogy-for-george-jones.html baseball poem http://interzone-news.blogspot.fr/2013/04/ad-winans-poetry-game.html the poetry game http://interzone-news.blogspot.fr/2013/04/ad-winans-poetry-game.html Poetry Poem http://interzone-news.blogspot.fr/2013/05/ad-winans-poetry.html
Le Swinging London de Jérôme Pintoux: http://www.lanouvellerepublique.fr/Vienne/Loisirs/Livres-cd-dvd/n/Contenus/Articles/2013/04/15/Le-Swinging-London-de-Jerome-Pintoux-1412049
Editions de l’Eclat: Nouveautés: http://www.lyber-eclat.net/nouveautes.html
Lizières: Pique-nique “Suisse” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocLRExPgcg
Galerie Didier Devillez : http://www.galeriedidierdevillez.be/ exposition Georges Meurant http://www.galeriedidierdevillez.be/expo.php
This report is on line at https://sites.google.com/site/aubertisa/reportaprilmay13-htm , in French at https://sites.google.com/site/aubertisa/reportaprilmay13fr-htm and in PDF at http://www.inter-zone.org/reportapril13.pdf
All best !