Bus riders want a safe, speedy and comfortable ride. We can't do anything (except complain) about fares, schedules and loss of bus stops. We can improve the rides we have. These are some suggestions:
- Get your fare or transfer ready while waiting for the bus.
- Take an available seat away from the front.
- Don't stand and schmooze with the driver; he needs to concentrate on driving conditions.
- Take a window seat if available; it's awkward to step over your feet if you are in an aisle seat.
- If you enter as a group, please sit together; don't shout to each other across the bus.
- Phone conversations should be short; no one wants to hear your private or business conversations.
- When exiting the bus, use the rear exit. This doesn't hold up the new boarders and speeds the trip.
We, the passengers, can help make our ride safer, faster and more comfortable.
Harry Kirshenbaum 2/4/12 letter to El Paso Times editor