Wednesday, August 17th – Parent/Student Info Meeting
There will be a mandatory Parent/Student Meeting starting at 7:15pm in the Band/Choir Room Wednesday, 8/17. Parents will meet starting at 7:15 and students will join in at 8pm. The timeline for the night is as follows:
6:00pm – Student Rehearsal
7:15pm – First Band Parent Meeting of the school year – learn about the Redbird Band Parent Association (RBPA) and all it has to offer including upcoming BBQ
8pm – Mandatory Parent/Student Meeting to discuss Band Camp and Marching Band
Under the Marching Band Tab, you will find practice audio recordings of our show (Music is under the “nonsense” tab) Feel free to practice along to the music!
The annual Marching Band Clothing Drive has begun - please read details on the website. Items can be brought in during any rehearsal.
1. Students must have a 1-gallon thermos water jug for band camp and a baseball hat. This will be required of all members. Walmart has them in the camping aisle. They are also on clearance at Shoprite!
2. Please start working out at home – we will be running everyday at band camp as well as be doing core training (abs, push-ups, leg raisers, etc.). Marching a show needs strength and endurance!
3. MEMORIZE all warm ups and the opener/ballad. You will not have the opportunity to use music during band camp
4. The Marching Band Handbook has been added to the Forms page under the Marching Band tab (allentownredbirdband.org). Please read it online. Printed copies will be handed out Wednesday. The last page must be signed and returned by the first day of band camp.
5. If you have not yet signed up for Remind text messaging, sign up by texting @redbird123 to 81010. Students/Parents will be required to sign up as we use this to communicate important information during the season.
A look ahead:
Band Camp: August: 22-26 (Mon-Wed 8-6pm//Thur 8-4:30pm//Friday8am through BBQ)
Great rehearsal last night - thank you for coming prepared and ready to work!
Purchase a 1-gallon water jug and 1" binder and plastic sleeves
Continue to do your "core" exercises (leg raisers at 6 inches, crunches, push-ups, high knees, RUNNING, planking, etc.)
WINDS Assignment - listen to Minimally Speaking Part II, practice it and then record measure 27-41 - not looking for perfection - we are looking to see that you have listened to the recording a good amount of times and are beginning to understand the part! Recording can be found here (for tempo, etc.)
Percussion and Guard - complete any assignments instructors gave
AHS Band Spirit Night at DQ Grill & Chill (Hamilton Marketplace) is this Wednesday from 5PM-10PM. A portion of all purchases will be returned to the band. Please present the below flyer when ordering to receive credit. Spread the word to family and friends!