Summer Guitar Lesson Program (2017)
1) A total of six 40 minute private lessons will be offered during the weeks of June 12 through August 14. Lessons will be given on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays between 8:30am-2:00pm. Students may choose which weeks they can attend to fit their summer schedule. I am very flexible with regard to makeups.
2) No lessons will be given the week of June 19 and July 31. (This still provides 8 possible weeks for lessons.)
3) All lessons will be given by Dr. Jerry Markoch, Director of Bands at Athens Drive H.S., who has over 30 years of teaching experience. Lessons will be given at a former band parent’s residence, located minutes from Athens Drive. [WCPSS prohibits employees from giving “private” lessons on school property.]
4) The total cost of the lessons is $225.00—this includes all instructional materials except the guitar. Students must supply their own guitar; however, guitars can often be borrowed or rented inexpensively at many local dealers. An acoustic guitar is the best choice for a beginner (it is the most common type of guitar with steel strings).
5) A $75 deposit (made payable to Dr. Jerry Markoch and sent to the address below) is required to secure a lesson time in the schedule. It would be preferred that the balance ($150) be paid by the third lesson; however, alternative arrangements can be made.
6) Although lessons are geared for beginning students in grades 4-12, college age students and adults are welcome. No prior music experience is necessary.
7) To get started, please contact Dr. Markoch via email with the preferred day and time of lesson.
Finally…I have had the opportunity to teach summer guitar lessons to many of our band students for the past 5 years. It is a terrific, refreshing way to experience music. Most of our students have learned the skills needed to continue to play the guitar for the rest of their life!
Thank you for your interest in this unique program!
Dr. Jerry Markoch
Director of Bands
Athens Drive High School
1420 Athens Drive, Raleigh, NC 27606