CURRENT COMMITTEE CHAIR or INTERESTED in becoming one?
--- If so, you are invited to attend ---
Committee Chair Orientation – Thursday, September 8 @ 6:00 pm
We will have our Committee Chair Orientation on Thursday, September 8th at 6:00 p.m. in the band room. The parent/booster meeting will follow at 7:30 pm. All committee chairs should plan to attend, if possible. In addition, we welcome those who would like to become a committee chair! WannaBe, new, and experienced Committee Chairs will hopefully all learn something and our experienced committee chairs can help guide and advise newer chairs!
Agenda Items include:
There are nearly 60 committees with 90+ Committee Chairs/Co-Chairs and yet we still need your help! Several of our committees need Chairs/Co-Chairs or Trainees (current leaders will graduate in the spring). Chairing a committee is a terrific way to help the band program, get to know other band families, and have a fun time! Please consider helping as a committee chair, co-chair or learn from an experienced committee chair as a trainee!
Committee Chairs/Co-Chairs/Trainees Needed – No experience necessary:
- Big Al’s BBQ Chair Trainee: During the State Fair and a small event in the spring, we help Big Al by scooping and serving BBQ at his tent. It’s a brief yet super popular fundraiser with our band families. However, we are at risk of this being our last year – Wayne Childers needs a trainee to learn the ropes to take over this wonderful fundraiser next year after Wayne graduates.
- Mattress Sale Trainee: We’ll sell anything to make money, including mattresses! This year, we’re pulling together several Athens groups to host this fundraiser jointly. This one day event is a good fundraiser with very high potential. Aleece Spalding will be graduating this year and needs a trainee to help her with the sale in November for the tradition to continue into next year.
- Uniforms Co-Chair Trainee: We have several wonderful ladies leading this committee this year but they need someone who is interested in training to become a co-chair next year. No sewing experience necessary! You just have to be organized and enjoy working with the kids! They will teach you the rest!
- Concert Attire Co-Chair: Sharon Hader would love to have a co-chair to share the duties of fitting, ordering, and organizing the concert attire for all our 3 concert ensembles.
- Senior Recognition Chair: Senior Night is Friday October 21st. This committee chair will serve as a liaison between the Jag Club (organizes Senior Night) and senior band parents to make a smooth and successful senior night for our band seniors. We have some information to get you started!
- Senior Video/Slide Show Chair: At the end of the year, we pay special tribute to our seniors with this video/slide show. The chair will ensure that we get the necessary pictures and videos throughout the year and then will pull it all together to present at the spring banquet.
- Trip Planning Trainee: Our master trip planner, Richard Spalding, will be graduating this year. This trainee will work with Richard to plan this year’s trip (destination TBD) and will learn all the tips and tricks for planning a smooth and economical band adventure.
- Cary Music and Arts Festival Trainee: Learn from Aleece Spalding (she will graduate in the spring) how to coordinate the band’s participation in this community wide event held in April at Koka Booth Amphitheatre.
- And more: There are a few other committees that need a chair/co-chair/trainee as well. Talk to us and we’ll help you find the right committee to fit your schedule, interests, and talents!
We hope to see all our committee leaders and anyone considering a committee chair/co-chair/trainee position at the Committee Chair Orientation on Thursday!
When everyone does a piece, no one is overwhelmed.
Susan and Suzanne Co-Presidents ADHS Band