DURHAM BULLS FUNDRAISER
coordinators: Neal & Martha Smith plus OPEN TRAINEE POSITION
During baseball season, we staff one small 6 person concession stand at nearly all Bulls home games. In the stand, we serve beer and food, though the students do not handle beer or money. Sign ups are done through the coordinator or our online Volunteer Signups system. Inventory is done before and after each game. Each game has an event leader who is responsible for the money and the ending count, then turns in the money and paperwork after closing. The band receives a percentage of the proceeds of the concession stand, and after crediting the individual band accounts of those working, any extra monies are given to the general band fund.
Individual Band Account Credits
Working the Durham Bulls Fundraiser credits your band account $32 as a worker and $40 as a stand leader. All shifts count toward your 5 fundraiser shift requirement.
Please review the following AGE, ARRIVAL TIME and TRAINING requirements prior to signing up to work the Durham Bulls Fundraiser.
- Student Slots: Workers signed up in student slots must be at least 16 years old.
- Adult Slots: Workers signed up in adult slots and floater spots must be at least 18 years old and no longer a student at ADHS.
- Arrival Time: You must show up 2 1/2 hours prior to the game.
- Required Training: Starting in the spring of 2015, all Durham Bulls volunteers must review the Bulls City General Training and TEAM Alcohol Training materials and take the associated tests. Volunteers wishing to work as a stand leader will need additional training. Stand leader training is held at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park and last approximately 1 hour. Please contact coordinator for training dates.
Click for: TEAM Alcohol Training
Cancellation and Dismissal Policies
Please understand, when people do not show up for their shift or sign up in a slot they are not age eligible to work, it affects both the workers at the stand and anyone who wanted to work but could not find a slot. Therefore, the following policies are in place:
- Cancellation Policy:
- If you find you cannot work a shift you signed up for, you are required to find your own replacement. If you cannot find anyone to replace you, please call the coordinators as soon as possible.
- If you cancel within 3 days of your shift and do not find a replacement, your account will be charged the amount that you would have made had you worked the shift.
- Dismissal Policy:
- If you sign someone up to work in a spot for which they are not age eligible, and they are denied the opportunity to work by the fundraising venue, your account will be charged the amount that would have been made had the shift been worked.
Click for: Bulls Operational Manual
Click for: Bulls Inclement Weather Policy