BAND BOOSTER COMMITTEES
Booster committees support the band in various ways. If interested in helping out, contact the committee chair. We'd love to have you join us!
- Chair: Greg Fishel, Kay Jamison, Kim Lowe, and Aleece Spalding firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates the distribution of information about the Athens Drive High School Band Program; such as performance schedules, fundraisers and special awards the band has received.
- Moderates the "Athens Drive Band Alumni, Friends & Members" Facebook page.
- Chair: Keli Lloyd and Cori Strickland email@example.com
- Communicates information to families by email.
- Coordinates volunteers to decorate, set up, serve and clean up.
- Chair: Melanie Vtipil & OPEN POSITION firstname.lastname@example.org
- Designs and maintains band bulletin board located in band hallway.
- Ensures information on bulletin board is kept current.
- Chair: Wendy Bennett and Bill Holland CDDVD@athensdriveband.com
- Coordinates professionals/volunteers to videotape all band concerts.
- Chair: Deborah Alvord, Kimmie Jacobs, Adrienne Williamson, and Zofia Pruchnik email@example.com
- Coordinates volunteers to chaperone marching band rehearsals, football games and competitions.
Class Band Liaison
- Chair: Sharon Hader firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communicates to Booster Board wants and needs of class band only students and parents.
- Disseminates booster information to class band only students and parents.
- Serves as parent contact for class band only student and parent questions.
- Maintains email list of class band only students and parents.
- Chair: Sharon Hader & OPEN POSITION email@example.com
- Fits and orders concert attire.
- Assists students with last minute concert attire details on days of performance.
- Chair: Gay Purvis, Michaele Woodhouse, & Dawn Younce (assistant) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates volunteers to distribute programs, monitor doors, and help back stage.
- Coordinates refreshments for all band concerts.
- Decorates for Fall and Holiday Concerts.
- Chair: Leif Allen and OPEN TRAINEE POSITION email@example.com
- Maintains the band practice field (mow, fertilize & treat for weeds). 9-10 month responsibility.
- Prepares a budget for and procures all supplies to maintain the field.
- Performs routine maintenance on the lawnmower.
- Initially lays out the field markings and stripes the field.
- Maintains a log of time spent and what type of treatments were completed.
- Chair: Glenna Falk and Susan Smith firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintains all Medical/Health forms.
- Coordinates the schedule of first aid staff for Band Camp.
- Coordinates the schedule of first aid staff for all performances (football games, competitions and parades).
- Maintains all band medical kits.
- Chair: OPEN POSITION email@example.com
- Researches funding opportunities.
- Writes grant proposals to support existing and planned booster activities.
- Chair: Angie Fullington, Donna Benson, and Susie Childers firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates the specific needs of the color guard and winter guard.
- Assists with uniform fittings and repairs.
- Assists with props, floor mat and final preparations during competitions.
- Assists with coordination of transportation to winter guard competitions.
JAG Club Representative
- Chair: Wendy Bennett email@example.com
- Attends all JAG Club meetings representing the band, and reports back to the Band Booster Board.
Marching Band Meals and Snacks
- Chair: Karen Chiavacci & Jane Dunbar
- Coordinates snack contributions for after school practices.
- Coordinates donations of snacks & drinks for trips.
- Packs and serves snacks on competition days.
- Coordinates meals served at competitions.
Marching Band Uniforms
- Chair: Sherry Skinner, Wendy Russell, and Allison Lyles firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fits and assigns uniforms to the marching band students.
- Orders shoes and uniform replacement parts as needed for marching band members.
- Assists students with last minute marching band uniform details on the days of performances.
- Maintains database of uniform inventory and manages cleaning at end of season.
- Works with the Drum Majors to select, fit and order their uniforms.
- Participates in practices and performances to assist with fittings, repairs, replacements and spot cleaning.
- Chair: Melanie Vtipil email@example.com
- Coordinates matching of veteran band families to new band families (winds and brass).
- Ensures new band families have a mentor family to contact and use as a resource for band program information.
- Provides information, through mentors, about all facets of marching band and other band ensembles.
- Chair: Michelle Young PTSArep@athensdriveband.com
- Attends all PTSA meetings representing the band, and reports back to the Band Booster Board.
- Chair: Amanda Gahan and Sherry Skinner firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coordinates the specific needs of the percussion section, Winter Percussion and spring/summer training program.
- Coordinates chaperone schedule for rehearsals.
- Assists with final preparations for competitions.
- Assists with coordination of transportation to Winter Percussion competitions.
- Chair: Susan Uy email@example.com
- Updates database with names and addresses of band families.
- Coordinates pictures with names of all marching band students.
- Publishes directory to upload to website.
- Chair: Francis Skinner and Carter Alvord firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loading/unloading instruments, equipment & uniforms at ADHS and the site of a performance.
- Assists students with getting Front Ensemble instruments, props and Guard equipment on & off performance field.
- Works with the students to determine the most efficient way to set up the instruments in a timely manner.
- The Pit Crew's mission is to assist the students to enable them to focus on the music and performance.
- Must buy or borrow Pit Crew shirt to wear to performances when assisting on the field.
- A minimum of 25 people who plan on attending most competitions are needed. Any one interested may participate.
- Chair: Kelly Wright email@example.com
- Promote band news internally to the school via Athens Alert and phone messaging system.
- Promote band news externally to community using appropriate news media (newspaper, tv, radio, internet).
- Serve as a resource to Band Booster Chairs to help promote their events internally and externally.
- Chair: OPEN POSTION firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organizes marching band seniors and their parents on football field for Senior Night.
- Coordinates senior photos for JAG program booklet.
- Chair: Lynne Davies-Cutting and OPEN POSITION email@example.com
- Produces video for Spring Banquet.
- Video recognizes band seniors and includes photos from throughout the year.
- Chair: David Rusnak, Randy Page, and Susan Uy firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maintains online band photo gallery.
- Takes and collects photographs of band activities.
- Uploads select photos and videos to online gallery.
- Chair: Wendy Bennett and Kim Lowe email@example.com
- Works with community to solicit sponsorships.
- Maintains sponsorship records.
- Fulfills sponsorship benefits.
- Chair: Greg Jarvis and David Lyles firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oversees maintenance of all band vehicles, including registration and inspections.
- Coordinates use of band vehicles to transport equipment to events.
- Loads/Unloads instruments for competitions, football games, and other events as needed.
- Coordinates with Pit Crew for loading and unloading at marching band performances.
- Chair: Lynne Davies-Cutting email@example.com
- Maintains the ADHS Band Yahoo! Group e-mail list.
- Moderates and approves all Yahoo! Group e-mail communications regarding band activities.
- Maintains ADHS Band Yahoo! Group home page and sponsor listings.
- Posts group e-mails as appropriate to Announcements area on ADHS Band Website.