- Dec. 21, & Dec. 23-29, 2002: Pianist for THE CHRISTMAS CAROL RAG, a new holiday musical tradition, at Signature Theatre, 3806 S. Four Mile Run Dr., Arlington, VA (Shirlington exit, I-395). Tickets: $25-38. Performances: Tues.-Sat. @ 8pm, Sun. at 2 & 7pm. Call tickets.com, 800/955-5566 or 703/218-6500.
- Sat., Dec. 14, 2002, 3-6pm: Rehearsal pianist, TELL ME ON A SUNDAY, starring Alice Ripley, at the Kennedy Center.
- Fri., Dec. 13, 2002:Appearing with singer Marje Bunday for the annual GAYLAW Holiday Party, National Democratic Woman's [sic] Club, 1526 New Hampshire Ave. NW (@ Q), Washington, DC (Dupont Circle metro). Reception begins at 6pm, performance @ 6:30-7:30pm.
- Nov. 14-Dec. 29, 2002 (subbing out Sat. 12/21): Keyboards in pit orchestra for BAT BOY: THE MUSICAL at Studio Theatre's SecondStage, 14th & P Streets NW, Washington, DC (Dupont Circle metro). Weds.-Sats. @ 8:30pm, Suns. @ 7:30pm. Tickets: $30. Call 202/332-3300 or visit tickets.com through the Studio Theatre Web site.
- Wed., Nov. 20, 2002, 7pm: Pianist for HE SAID/SHE SAID, featuring cabaret singers Tammy Roberts & Chris Gerken, at the Art-O-Matic 2002 Festival at the Waterfront (formerly Waterside Mall), 401 M Street NW (Waterfront Metro), Washington, DC. Free.
- Sun., Nov. 17, 2002: Pianist for NAKED BOYS SINGING, produced by Actors' Theatre of Washington (ATWC) at Source Theatre, 1835 - 14th Street (at T), Washington, DC (U Street-Cardozo Metro). Tickets: $30. Call: 1/800/494-8497 or order online through ATWC Web site.
- Mon., Nov. 11, 2002, 6:30-10:30pm (Veterans Day): Performing at the annual benefit dinner and auction for the Theatre Lab, Wyndham - Washington, DC Hotel, 1400 M Street NW, Washington, DC (near Thomas Circle). Tickets: $100. Call: 202/588-8113.
- Sat., Oct. 12, 2002, eve.: Playing musical theater retrospective featuring singers Judy Simmons and Michael Sharp for the inauguration of the Joseph Cullman, 3rd, Library at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of Natural History (invitation-only event).
- Monday, Sept. 30, 2002, 7:30pm: Pianist for the musical theater cabaret, REFLECTIONS ON LIFE AND LOVE, performed by soprano Kathryn G. Rice, to benefit the Arthritis Foundation, at The Lyceum, 201 S. Washington St., Old Town, Alexandria, VA, 703/838-4994. Tickets: $20.
- Sat., Sept. 28, 2002, 8pm: Pianist for DREAMS AND MEMORIES, a one-woman cabaret featuring singer Noni Frenkel, at the Washington Shakespeare Company's Clark Street Playhouse, Crystal City, Arlington, VA (Crystal City metro stop). Information: 703/204-0380 or visit the performer's Web site, www.theworkingvoice.com. To read an article about the show, click here.
- Jun. 18-Aug. 23, 2002: Accompanying cast production rehearsals, then keyboards in Kennedy Center Opera House Orchestra for PASSION, part of the retrospective celebrating the musicals of Stephen Sondheim, at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, 25th & Virginia Ave. NW, Washington, DC (Foggy Bottom/GWU metro). Tickets: $20-79. Fifteen performances on selected dates from July 19 through Aug. 23, eves. @ 7:30pm, matinees @ 2:30pm. Call the Kennedy Center box office @ 800/444-1324 or 202/467-4600, or order online from the Kennedy Center Web page for this show.
- Sat., Jun. 22, 2002, 8:00pm: Pianist for a concert of songs by Broadway composer Richard Rodgers, with singers Judy Simmons, Cindy Hutchins, Tony-Award winner Michael Rupert, and John Raitt, to close the all-day symposium, "Richard Rodgers--A Centennial Celebration," at the Smithsonian Institution, Hirshhorn Museum, Baird Auditorium, 7th Street & Constitution Ave. SW, Washington, DC (L'Enfant Plaza or Smithsonian Metro stops). Tickets: $24, call 202/357-3030. (Also to be performed for Smithsonian national affiliates private function on Mon. June 10, 2002 eve.)
- Mar. 28-Jun. 8, 2002: Keyboards in the pit orchestra for MAMMA MIA!, the national tour of the smash ABBA musical, at the National Theatre, 1321 Pennsylvania Ave. NW, Washington, DC (Metro Center metro). Tickets: $35-75. Performances: Tues.-Sat. @ 8pm, Sun. @ 7:30pm; also matinees @ 2pm every Sat., Sun., and Wed./Thurs. 6/5 & 6/6. Call www.ticketcharge.com, @ 800/447-7400. General information and theater box office: 202/628-6161.
- Jan. 8-Feb. 24, 2002: Keyboards in the pit orchestra for THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO FISHMAN, a new musical about a young Jewish composer writing songs for a touring gospel choir in the '60's South, at Signature Theatre, 3806 S. Four Mile Run Dr., Arlington, VA (Shirlington exit, I-395). Tickets: $28-30. Performances: Tues.-Sat. @ 8pm, Sun. at 2 & 7pm. Call tickets.com, 800/955-5566 or 703/218-6500.