Serve this sweet, fruity dish for dessert, and wear your
finest silk robe! The dish is filled
with jewel tone fruits to complement the royal red colors of the black rice.
- 1 cup Forbidden Black Rice
- 2 Green Apples (Pippen or Granny Smith)
- 1 Fuyu Persimmon
- ½ cup sweetened, dried Cranberries
- ¼ cup fresh Mint, chopped
- 2 TB Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 TB Honey
- Cook the rice according to package directions. (I used my rice cooker and it came out
perfect, the rice is naturally dark red, sticky and chewy). Allow to cool in a 2 quart mixing bowl. Mix the vinegar and honey together, stir in the mint.
- Core and dice the apple.
Remove the stem end from the Persimmon, then dice in the same size as
the apple. Add both to the rice.
Roughly chop the dried cranberries if they are very large
and add to the rice mixture. Add the dressing and toss together, gently so as not to make everything red in