- Operation School Bell® has
provided a positive change to more than 45,000 high-need in K-12 students since
1960. The largest philanthropic program of Assistance League of
Salem-Keizer, Operation School Bell works in partnership with school
counselors and fulfills a growing need in the Salem-Keizer community by
providing new school clothes, shoes, and books to children.
- R.E.A.D.™ (Read, Enjoy, Achieve, Develop) promoted literacy to 3500 first graders each year since 1984. Partially funded by Assistance League of Salem-Keizer, the Salem Public Library Bookmobile visits Salem-Keizer elementary schools where Assistance League volunteers help children receive library cards and check out books in English, Spanish, Russian and other languages.
- Operation Bookshelf™
helps provide change in the lives of adults who are home-bound. Working
in partnership with the Salem Public Library, books and video tapes are
delivered monthly. Each year Assistance League of Salem-Keizer funds
the purchase of large-print books, CDs, and CD players for patrons with
limited mobility and vision.
- Operation Art Adventures™ provides cultural experiences each year to more than 11,000 Salem-Keizer elementary and middle school students who have seen and heard professional performers of music, dance and theater in school assemblies, and have had cultural field trips and artists in residence programs.
- Puppets with Purpose reinforces Salem-Keizer K-3 curriculum by performing puppet shows about sensitive issues such as bullying, healthy snacking, and foster families.
- Dental Program helps fund the
Salem-Keizer School District's Dental Education and Screenings Program. Volunteers help assesses dental health, dental problems and
educate second and fifth grade student in 23 low-income schools about dental hygiene.
- Independent Living Program supports youth exiting foster care. Assistance League Auxiliary works in partnership with Catholic Community Services to provide household items for 18 year old youth leaving the foster care system. The Annual Bike Drive, in partnership with The Bike Peddler, provides refurbished donated bikes to Independent Living youth and other area residents in need of transportation
- Operation Backpack, Assistance League Auxiliary, provides school supplies to K-12 Salem-Keizer students throughout the school year.
- Birthday Bags for Children living in homeless shelters: Assistance League Auxiliary provides a gift, balloons, party plates, napkins and a cake.