DECORATING A CANDLE - DECOR FOR EVENTS - RUSTIC MOUNTAIN DECOR
Decorating A Candle
- Confer an award or medal on (a member of the armed forces)
- (decorate) award a mark of honor, such as a medal, to; "He was decorated for his services in the military"
- Provide (a room or building) with a color scheme, paint, wallpaper, etc
- (decorate) make more attractive by adding ornament, colour, etc.; "Decorate the room for the party"; "beautify yourself for the special day"
- (decorate) deck: be beautiful to look at; "Flowers adorned the tables everywhere"
- Make (something) look more attractive by adding ornament to it
- A unit of luminous intensity, superseded by the candela
- stick of wax with a wick in the middle
- examine eggs for freshness by holding them against a light
- the basic unit of luminous intensity adopted under the Systeme International d'Unites; equal to 1/60 of the luminous intensity per square centimeter of a black body radiating at the temperature of 2,046 degrees Kelvin
- A cylinder or block of wax or tallow with a central wick that is lit to produce light as it burns
decorating a candle - The Candlemaker's
The Candlemaker's Companion: A Complete Guide to Rolling, Pouring, Dipping, and Decorating Your Own Candles
Create exquisite, handcrafted candles at home with this comprehensive primer!
From wax to wick to wrapping, the magical glow of a handmade candle is now easier to create than ever before. With illustrated step-by-step instructions and complete source lists, The Candlemaker's Companion shows you how to:
- Create rolled, poured, molded, gel, dipped, and custom-blended candles
- Scent, color, and decorate candles for special places and occasions
- Make innovative containers, holders, and gift packaging
- Create luminaria, lanterns, and floating candles
- Use specialty techniques, such as overdipping, painting, layering, and sculpting
"Please, please, please, burn candles!" pleads Betty Oppenheimer. "Too many people save them, keep them wrapped up in a drawer or forever in the same centerpiece holder, never to be burned." If that isn't enough incentive to use candles, the rest of this thorough guide certainly provides it in the form of step-by-step instructions covering virtually all aspects of making rolled, poured, molded, dipped, and decorated candles--even candleholders. Though there are no photos, the line drawings are quite helpful, as are the crafting tips that--along with well-chosen candle-related quotes--fill the book's margins.
Decorated Candle Glasses
I picked up three of these glasses at post-Christmas sales for 80% off. What a find! After a bit of rummaging around with my ribbons & lace, I decided to decorate the base of these with some glass-pearls & red crystal beads. I LOVE how they turned out! These will be the centerpiece on my table, just as soon as I finish making the placemats.
Decorated candle box
I used a wooden box and covered it in a hand paper. Finished it with a paper flower, created with orange wrapping paper. I used it as a candle box, filled with aromatic decorations.
decorating a candle
From the floral designer of Four Weddings and a Funeral comes more than 30 fun and easy projects to enhance a home or garden. Readers learn how to make and decorate candles in a variety of exciting styles, from the traditional to the exotic. With lively step-by-step directions and clear photographs, each project can be completed quickly and with stunning results.
With nifty candle ideas for every room in the house, Candle Creations reminds us that we needn't wait for a power outage or a special occasion to surround ourselves with the magical glow of candlelight. Three dozen projects incorporate everything from seashells to wooden spoons, vegetables to candies, yielding an impressive variety of candles and candleholders. Most are quick and easy and are crafted of readily available materials. Brighten the living room with flower-filled candles; set a dinner-for-two mood with a romantic candelabrum; make parties more festive with candles that mimic wrapped gifts or a lemon bundt cake. You'll also find attractive ways to display your creations throughout the home and garden. --Amy Handy