1. D. Thirumalai, V. Ashvin, and J.K. Bhattacharjee. Dynamics of random hydrophobic-hydrophilic
copolymers with implications for protein folding. Phys.
Rev. Lett. 77, 5385-5388 (1996).
2. V. Ashvin, G.V. Vijayagovindan, and N. Kumar. Tunneling conductance of Luttinger liquids:
Resonances. Phys. Rev. B 53,
3. J.B. Knight, A. Vishwanath, J.P. Brody, and R.H.
Austin. Hydrodynamic focusing on a
silicon chip: Mixing nanoliters in microseconds. Phys.
Rev. Lett. 80, 3863-3866 (1998).
4. M. Soljacic, M. Segev, T. Coskun, D. Christodoulides, and A.
Vishwanath. Modulation instability of
incoherent beams in noninstantaneous nonlinear media. Phys.
Rev. Lett. 84, 467-470 (2000).
5. Ashvin Vishwanath and T. Senthil. Luttinger liquid physics in the
superconductor vortex core. Phys. Rev. B 63, 014506 (2001).
6. Ashvin Vishwanath and David Carpenter. Two dimensional anisotropic non Fermi-liquid
phase of coupled Luttinger liquids. Phys. Rev. Lett. 86, 676 (2001).
7. Ashvin Vishwanath. Quantized
thermal Hall effect in the mixed state of d-wave superconductors. Phys.
Rev. Lett. 87, 217004 (2001).
8. A. Vishwanath. Dirac
nodes and quantized thermal Hall effect in the mixed state of d-wave
superconductors. Phys. Rev. B 66, 064504
*9. A. Ambainis, E. Bach, A. Nayak, A. Vishwanath, and J.
Watrous. One-dimensional quantum
walks. In Proc. 33rd Association for Computing Machinery, STOC,
10. A.C. Durst, A. Vishwanath, and P.A. Lee. Weak-field thermal Hall conductivity in the mixed
state of d-wave superconductors. Phys. Rev. Lett. 90, 187002 (2003).
11. T. Senthil, L. Balents, S. Sachdev, A.
Vishwanath, and M.P.A. Fisher. Quantum
criticality beyond the Landau-Ginzburg-Wilson paradigm. Phys. Rev. B 70, 144407 (2004).
12. T. Senthil, A. Vishwanath , L. Balents,
S. Sachdev and M.P.A. Fisher.
“Deconfined” quantum critical points.
Science 303, 1490 (2004).
13. O. Motrunich and A. Vishwanath. Emergent photons and new transitions in the
O(3) sigma model with hedgehog suppression.
Phys. Rev. B 70, 075104 (2004).
14. A. Vishwanath, L. Balents, and T.
Senthil. Quantum criticality and
deconfinement in phase transitions between valence bond solids. Phys. Rev. B 69, 224416 (2004).
*15. T. Senthil, L. Balents, S. Sachdev, A.
Vishwanath, and M.P.A. Fisher.
Deconfined criticality critically defined. (Proceedings of the International
Conference on Statistical Physics of Quantum Systems -- Novel Orders and
Dynamics, July 17-20, 2004, Sendai, Japan.)
J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 24,
16. A. Paramekanti and A. Vishwanath. Extending Luttinger’s theorem to Z(2)
fractionalized phases of matter. Phys.
Rev. B 70, 245118 (2004).
17. P. Ghaemi, A. Vishwanath, and T.
Senthil. Finite temperature properties
of quantum Lifshitz transitions between valence bond solid phases: An example
of ‘local’ quantum criticality. Phys.
Rev. B 72, 024420 (2005).
18. A. Vishwanath, J.E. Moore, and T. Senthil. Screening and dissipation at the
superconductor-insulator transition induced by a metallic ground plane. Phys.
Rev. B 69, 054507 (2004).
19. E. Altman and Ashvin Vishwanath. Dynamic
projection on Feshbach molecules: a probe of pairing and phase
fluctuations. Phys. Rev. Lett.
20. R. Melko, A. Paramekanti, A. Burkov, A. Vishwanath, D. Sheng,
and L. Balents.
Supersolid order from disorder:
hard-core bosons on the triangular lattice. Phys. Rev. Lett. 95, 127207 (2005).
21. N. Bray-Ali, J. Moore, T. Senthil, and A. Vishwanath. Ordering near the percolation threshold in
models of two dimensional interacting bosons with quenched dilution. Phys. Rev. B. 73,
Binz, A. Vishwanath, and V. Aji. Theory
of the helical spin crytal: a candidate
for the partially ordered state of MnSi. Phys. Rev. Lett. 97,
23. F. Wang and A. Vishwanath. Spin-liquid states on the triangular and
Kagome lattices: a
projective-symmetry-group analysis of Schwinger boson states. Phys.
Rev. B 74, 174423 (2006).
✓ 24. A.G. Green, J.E. Moore, S.L. Sondhi, and
A. Vishwanath. Current noise in the
vicinity of the 2D superconductor-insulator quantum critical point. Phys.
Rev. Lett. 97, 227003 (2006).
25. B. Binz and A. Vishwanath. Theory of helical spin crystals: phases, textures, and properties. Phys.
Rev. B 74, 214408 (Dec.2006).
26. D. Podolsky, A. Vishwanath, J. Moore, and
S. Sachdev. Thermoelectric transport
near the pair breaking quantum phase transition out of a d-wave
superconductor. Phys. Rev. B 75, 014520
27. B. Binz and A. Vishwanath. Theoretical proposal predicting anomalous
magnetoresistance and quadratic Hall effect in the partially ordered state of
MnSi. J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 310,
28. A.M. Turner, R. Barnett, E. Demier, and
A. Vishwanath. Nematic order by disorder
in spin-2 Bose-Einstein condensates. Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 190404 (2007).
29. D. Podolsky, S. Raghu, and A. Vishwanath. Nernst effect and diamagnetism in phase
fluctuating superconductors. Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 117004 (2007).
30. F. Wang, A. Vishwanath, and Y.B.
Kim. Quantum and classical spins on the
spatially distorted kagomé lattice: Applications to volborthite Cu3V2O7(OH)2∙2H2O. Phys.
Rev. B 76,
31. F. Wang and A. Vishwanath. .Spin phonon induced collinear
order and magnetization plateaus in triangular and kagome antiferromagnets: applications to CuFeO2. Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 077201 (2008).
32. B. Binz and A. Vishwanath. Topological
Hall effect is helical spin crystals. Physica
33. A. Sen, K. Damle, and A. Vishwanath. Magnetization plateaus and sublattice
ordering in easy-axis kagome lattice antiferromagnets. Phys.
Rev. Lett. 100,
34. M.J. Lawler, H.-Y. Kee, Y.B. Kim, and A.
Vishwanath. Topological spin liquid on
the hyperkagome lattice of Na4Ir3O8. Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 227201
35. L. Mathey, E. Altman, and A. Vishwanath. Noise correlations in one-dimensional systems
of ultracold fermions. Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 240401 (2008).
2008- Dec 2012 Publications:
Ran, A. Vishwanath, and D.H. Lee. Spin-charge
separated solitons in a topological band Insulator. Phys.
Rev. Lett. 101, 086801 (2008).
Raghu, D. Podolsky, A. Vishwanath, and D.A. Huse. Vortex-dynamics approach to the Nernst effect
in extreme type-II superconductors dominated by phase fluctuations. Phys.
Rev. B 78, 184520 (2008).
Wang, F. Pollmann, and A. Vishwanath. Extended
supersolid phase of frustrated hard-core bosons on a triangular lattice. Phys.
Rev. Lett. 102, 017203 (2009).
Mathey, A. Vishwanath, and E. Altman. Noise
correlations in low-dimensional systems of ultracold atoms. Phys.
Rev. A 79,
Ran, F. Wang, H. Zhai, A. Vishwanath, and D.H. Lee. Nodal spin density wave and
band topology of the FeAs-based materials. Phys.
Rev. B 79, 014505 (2009).
Wang, H. Zhai, Y. Ran, A. Vishwanath, and D. H. Lee. Functional renormalization-group study of the
pairing symmetry and pairing mechanism of the FeAs-based high-temperature
superconductor. Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 047005 (2009).
Ghaemi, F. Wang, and A. Vishwanath. Andreev
bound states as a phase-sensitive probe of the pairing symmetry of the Iron
Pnictide superconductors. Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 157002
43. Y. Zhang, Y. Ran, and A. Vishwanath. Topological insulators in three dimensions
from spontaneous symmetry breaking. Phys. Rev. B 79, 245331
Radzihovsky and A. Vishwanath. Quantum
liquid crystals in an imbalanced Fermi gas: fluctuations and fractional
vortices in Larkin-Ovchinnikov states. Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 010404
45. Y. Ran, Y. Zhang, and A. Vishwanath. One-dimensional
topologically protected modes in topological insulators with lattice
dislocations. Nature Physics 5, 289-303 (2009).
Wang and Ashvin Vishwanath, Z2 spin-orbital liquid state in the square lattice
Kugel-Khomskii model. Phys. Rev. B 80, 064413 (2009).
47. Daniel Podolsky, Shailesh Chandrasekharan,
and Ashvin Vishwanath, Phase transitions of S=1 spinor condensates in an
optical lattice, Phys. Rev. B 80, 214513 (2009).
48. Ari M. Turner, Fa Wang, and Ashvin
Vishwanath, Kinetic magnetism and orbital order in iron telluride, Phys. Rev. B 80, 224504 (2009)
49. Pavan Hosur, Shinsei Ryu, and Ashvin
Vishwanath, Chiral topological insulators, superconductors, and other competing
orders in three dimensions, Phys. Rev. B
81, 045120 (2010)
50. Orenstein J.; Vishwanath A., Doped Mott Insulators: Breaking through to the other side. Nature Physics Volume:
6 Issue: 8 Pages: 566-567
51. Yi Zhang and Ashvin Vishwanath, Anomalous
Aharonov-Bohm Conductance Oscillations from Topological Insulator Surface
States, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105, 206601
52. Ari M. Turner, Yi Zhang, and Ashvin
Vishwanath, Entanglement and inversion symmetry in topological insulators, Phys. Rev. B 82, 241102 (2010).
53. X. Wan, Ari M. Turner, Ashvin Vishwanath,
and Sergey Y. Savrasov, “Topological semimetal and Fermi-arc surface states in
the electronic structure of pyrochlore iridates” Phys.
Rev. B 83, 205101 (2011).
54. Pouyan Ghaemi and Ashvin Vishwanath, Anomalous
Zeeman response of the coexisting superconducting and spin-density-wave phases
as a probe of extended s-wave pairing in ferropnictide superconductors, Phys. Rev. B 83, 224513 (2011).
55. Yi Zhang, Tarun Grover, and Ashvin
Vishwanath, Entanglement Entropy of Critical Spin Liquids, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 067202 (2011)
56. Yi Zhang, Tarun Grover, and Ashvin
Vishwanath, Topological entanglement entropy of Z2 spin liquids and lattice
Laughlin states, Phys. Rev. B 84, 075128 (2011).
57. Pavan Hosur, Pouyan Ghaemi, Roger S. K.
Mong, and Ashvin Vishwanath, Majorana Modes at the Ends of Superconductor
Vortices in Doped Topological Insulators, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 097001, (2011).
58. R. Shankar and Ashvin Vishwanath, Equality
of Bulk Wave Functions and Edge Correlations in Some Topological
Superconductors: A Spacetime Derivation
Phys. Rev. Lett.
107, 106803 (2011).
59. Ying Ran, Pavan Hosur, and Ashvin
Vishwanath, Fermionic Hopf solitons and Berry phase in topological surface
superconductors, Phys. Rev. B 84, 184501 (2011)
60. Tarun Grover, Ari M. Turner, and Ashvin
Vishwanath, Entanglement entropy of gapped phases and topological order in
Phys. Rev. B 84, 195120 (2012).
61. Pavan Hosur, S. A. Parameswaran, and
Ashvin Vishwanath, Charge Transport in Weyl Semimetals, Phys. Rev. Lett. 108,
62. Gyu-Boong Jo, Jennie Guzman, Claire K.
Thomas, Pavan Hosur, Ashvin Vishwanath, and Dan M. Stamper-Kurn,
Atoms in a Tunable Optical Kagome Lattice
Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 045305,
Wan, Ashvin Vishwanath, and Sergey Y. Savrasov, Computational Design of Axion
Insulators Based on 5d Spinel Compounds
Phys. Rev. Lett. 108, 146601
M. Turner, Yi Zhang, Roger S. K. Mong, and Ashvin Vishwanath, Quantized
response and topology of magnetic insulators with inversion symmetry
Rev. B 85, 165120 (2012) .
65. Pouyan Ghaemi, Jérôme Cayssol, D. N.
Sheng, and Ashvin Vishwanath, Fractional Topological Phases and Broken
Time-Reversal Symmetry in Strained Graphene
Phys. Rev. Lett. 108,
66. Yi Zhang, Tarun Grover, Ari Turner, Masaki
Oshikawa, and Ashvin Vishwanath,
Quasiparticle statistics and braiding from
Phys. Rev. B 85, 235151 (2012).
67. Yi-Zhuang You, Itamar Kimchi, and Ashvin Vishwanath. Doping a spin-orbit Mott
insulator: Topological superconductivity from the Kitaev-Heisenberg model and possible application to (Na2/Li2)IrO3. Phys. Rev. B 86, 085145 (2012).
68. Yuan-Ming Lu and Ashvin Vishwanath. Theory and classification of interacting integer topological phases in two dimensions: A Chern-Simons approach. Phys. Rev. B 86, 125119 (2012).
69. J. D. Koralek, D. Meier, J. P. Hinton, A. Bauer, S. A. Parameswaran, A. Vishwanath, R. Schoenlein, C. Pfleiderer, and J. Orenstein. Observation of Coherent Helimagnons and Gilbert Damping in an Itinerant Magnet. Phys. Rev. Lett. 109, 247204 (2012).
70. Tarun Grover and Ashvin Vishwanath. Quantum phase transition between integer quantum Hall states of bosons. Phys. Rev. B 87, 045129 (2013).
71. C. Rayan Serrao, Jian Liu, J. T. Heron, G. Singh-Bhalla, A. Yadav, S. J. Suresha, R. J. Paull, D. Yi, J.-H. Chu, M. Trassin, A. Vishwanath, E. Arenholz, C. Frontera, J. Železný, T. Jungwirth, X. Marti, and R. Ramesh. Epitaxy-distorted spin-orbit Mott insulator in Sr2IrO4 thin films. Phys. Rev. B 87, 085121 (2013).
72. Ashvin Vishwanath and T. Senthil. Physics of Three-Dimensional Bosonic Topological Insulators: Surface-Deconfined Criticality and Quantized Magnetoelectric Effect. Phys. Rev. X 3, 011016 (2013).
73. S. A. Parameswaran, Itamar Kimchi, Ari M. Turner, D. M. Stamper-Kurn, and Ashvin Vishwanath. Wannier Permanent Wave Functions for Featureless Bosonic Mott Insulators on the 1/3-Filled Kagome Lattice. Rev. Lett. 110, 125301 (2013).
74. Yi Zhang and Ashvin Vishwanath. Establishing non-Abelian topological order in Gutzwiller-projected Chern insulators via entanglement entropy and modular S-matrix.
Phys. Rev. B 87, 161113 (2013).
75. S. A. Parameswaran, Ari M. Turner, Daniel P. Arovas, Ashvin Vishwanath.
Topological Order and Absence of Band Insulators at Integer Filling in Non-Symmorphic Crystals. Nature Physics 9, 299 (2013).
76. J. P. Hinton, J. D. Koralek, G. Yu, E. M. Motoyama, Y. M. Lu, A. Vishwanath, M. Greven, and J. Orenstein. Time-Resolved Optical Reflectivity of the Electron-Doped Nd2-xCexCuO4+δ Cuprate Superconductor: Evidence for an Interplay between Competing Orders. Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 217002 (2013).
77. J. P. Hinton, J. D. Koralek, Y. M. Lu, A. Vishwanath, J. Orenstein, D. A. Bonn, W. N. Hardy, and Ruixing Liang. New collective mode in YBa2Cu3O6+x observed by time-domain reflectometry. Phys. Rev. B 88, 060508 (2013).
78. Tarun Grover, Yi Zhang, Ashvin Vishwanath. Entanglement Entropy as a Portal to the Physics of Quantum Spin Liquids. New J. Phys. 15, 025002 (2013).
79. Itamar Kimchi, S. A. Parameswaran, Ari M. Turner, Fa Wang, Ashvin Vishwanath.
Featureless and non-fractionalized Mott insulators on the honeycomb lattice at 1/2 site filling. PNAS 110 (41) 16378 (2013).
80. Lukasz Fidkowski, Xie Chen, and Ashvin Vishwanath. Non-Abelian Topological Order on the Surface of a 3D Topological Superconductor from an Exactly Solved Model.
Phys. Rev. X 3, 041016 (2013).
81. Ari M. Turner, Ashvin Vishwanath. Beyond Band Insulators: Topology of Semi-metals and Interacting Phases. Chapter in the book “Topological Insulators”, edited by M. Franz and L. Molenkamp. (Elsevier, 2013), vol. 6 of Contemporary Concepts of Condensed Matter Science, pp. 293 – 324.
82. Itamar Kimchi and Ashvin Vishwanath. Kitaev-Heisenberg models for iridates on the triangular, hyperkagome, kagome, fcc, and pyrochlore lattices. Phys. Rev. B 89, 014414 (2013).
83. Tarun Grover, D. N. Sheng, Ashvin Vishwanath. Emergent Space-time Supersymmetry at the Boundary of a Topological Phase. Science 344: 280-283 (2014).
84. Xie Chen, Yuan-Ming Lu and Ashvin Vishwanath. Symmetry-protected topological phases from decorated domain walls. Nature Communications 5, Article number: 3507 (2014).
85. Oskar Vafek and Ashvin Vishwanath. Dirac Fermions in Solids: From High-Tc Cuprates and Graphene to Topological Insulators and Weyl Semimetals. Annual Review of Condensed Matter Physics, Vol. 5: 83-112 (2014).
86. Xie Chen, Lukasz Fidkowski and Ashvin Vishwanath. Symmetry enforced non-Abelian topological order at the surface of a topological insulator. Phys. Rev. B 89, 165132 (2014).
87. Yasaman Bahri and Ashvin Vishwanath. Detecting Majorana fermions in quasi-one-dimensional topological phases using nonlocal order parameters. Phys. Rev. B 89, 155135 (2014).
88. Yuan-Ming Lu and Ashvin Vishwanath. Erratum: Theory and classification of interacting integer topological phases in two dimensions: A Chern-Simons approach Phys. Rev. B 86, 125119 (2012). Phys. Rev. B 89, 199903 (2014).
89. K. A. Modic, Tess E. Smidt, Itamar Kimchi, Nicholas P. Breznay, Alun Biffin, Sungkyun Choi, Roger D. Johnson, Radu Coldea, Pilanda Watkins-Curry, Gregory T. McCandless, Julia Y. Chan, Felipe Gandara, Z. Islam, Ashvin Vishwanath, Arkady Shekhter, Ross D. McDonald & James G. Analytis. Realization of a three-dimensional spin–anisotropic harmonic honeycomb iridate. Nature Communications 5, Article number: 4203 (2014).